Chapter Eighteen

"Leadville 911, what's your emergency?"

"Yes, hello? Um, I am currently in Mount Massive Asyl--" Y/N tried to respond to the male on the other end, but someone was taking her opportunity away.

Y/N was thrown to the ground, more scrapes and bruises sure to come. She was shocked. Utterly and terrifically shaken. She tried to crawl away, hearing the bangs of metal against metal.

"Oh, no you don't!"

Pulled back by her hair, Y/N shrieked. She recognized this voice in the most chilling person. Jeremy Blaire. She always knew something was off with him. It was pretty obvious, as he was reportedly abusive to employees and patients. But she meant outside of that. Never did she want to be on the receiving side of his violence again but here she was.

"Y/N L/N... Perfect to reunite, isn't it?" His baton was holding her beneath him by her throat. She couldn't respond if she wanted to.

"I certainly hope you didn't plan on leaving. You know I didn't let you last time." His smirk was so disturbing. As if he had won something and knew she hadn't wanted to play. Her nails dug into his hand but it seemed to do nothing to him. He shifted his weight on her, quickly grabbing onto the hair closest to the back of her scalp.

"Get up. If I'm not killing you, I'm keeping you. You haven't died yet and I need a bit of lady luck." One hand held her waist as he lifted her, the other still grasping her locks.

Each time Y/N struggled, he only hurt her more. A jab to the side, a yank on her hair. She found it easier to just comply and find a way out later. She hadn't heard anything from Waylon and feared he left her.

As she was being pulled to the door, Y/N caught sight of Waylon's face on the ground.

"Waylon!" This time when she struggled, Blaire let go. She tumbled to the floor.

"Oh? You know the whistleblower by name? What a small world."

"What did you do to him, sir?!"

A brisk laugh escaped him. He held up his baton, signaling it to be the reason Waylon was blacked out.

"Still with the formalities? I think I like that..." He moved over to the woman cradling Waylon's head as she tried to figure out how to help.

"Please, leave us alone! All we want to do is leave!" Y/N began to choke up. Surprisingly, she realized she feared Blaire more than she feared the patients trying to kill her. Could it be because he was sane enough to know what he was doing unprovoked? Or was it just natural, from before the current madness took over the hospital? From her filing to resign? From the physical threat he imposed on her?

"And I-" He pulled Y/N up from Waylon, she began to scream and claw for the limp laying man.

"No!"

"-Can't let the story get out." Blaire took heavy breaths. The doctor was putting up a good fight. He didn't remember her being this strong before. "Come on you. Remember old times?"

The woman flailing in his arms was hysterical. There was no way on God's green earth was she going to leave Waylon here unconscious. Not after she promised she would get him back to his family. She wasn't thinking about herself right now, not when she was dedicated to duty.

"Mr. Blaire, please! Let him leave at least! He's got a family! I'll stay if that's what it takes! I'll be loyal! Just let him escape!"

Y/N felt a small glimmer of hope shine in her as Jeremy Blaire looked to be pondering her request. He wasn't terrible, sometimes he would-- well. If it benefitted him, he might follow a request.

"I think you've forgotten," Tears began to flow more now as his grip on her tightened. He pulled her towards the doorway. "I don't do compromises."

The burning Y/N felt from his arms as she weakly struggled was unbearable. She felt as though the walls were closing in- which they were. Just the only walls closing in on her were the walls of opportunity. She had to find a way out. She needed to help Waylon. She needed to--

"Agh!" Blaire released the younger woman, surprising her.

She quickly turned on her heel to see what had happened.

Waylon! He knocked Blaire right in the back of the head, no real sign of regret.

"Get off of her!" Y/N flew past her still recovering boss and straight to Waylon.

"You're okay! And better than before! Oh thank... I had no idea what to do, Waylon... You-you saved me again!"

"We aren't done here!" Y/N turned and hid behind Waylon as he held up his arm in defense.

"How dare you take my business and my employees! Right from under my nose..."

"Mr. Blaire--"

"QUIET! I have heard just enough from my supposed loyal worker. I thought you were different. That's what you told me time after time. I guess it was all to avoid a padded cell of your own."

The suited man dashed at them, knocking Waylon over once more. He was about to go for Y/N before they all heard a loud sound (other than Park's short breaths).

"Do me a favor and die here, Park." With a threatening point of his baton and one last glance to Y/N, Blaire booked it for the exit.

"Well. Thank GOD he's gone."

Y/N scrunched her face up at the man to her right.

"Really? That's it? I don't feel like it's... over? Like--" The sound of something heavy being thrown interrupted the woman once more. The two were quick to react. React as in they ducked behind the wall and tried to find the cause. A large man dangling chains stalked the area.

"Is that CHRIS??" Y/N whispered loudly. Waylon tilted his head in annoyance.

"How is it that you happen to know every big villain we come across?"