The princess rolled her eyes. "Fine, but you owe me some new daggers."

Corrine resentfully turned to the direction of the kingdom and followed Peter out of the woods. The beautiful castle towered over the land, but the big wall that wrapped around the entire castle easily stripped that beauty away.

"Ya know that wall ruins like...everything," Corrine sighed.

"Your highness, you know why it is there. It is for your—."

"Safety. Yeah, I know."

Silence fell between the two as the gates were raised to enter the kingdom. Peter escorted her down the grand halls to a pair of doors that lead out to the balcony and pushed them open. There, glowing in the evening sun, was Fairy Godmother leaning on the balcony rail.

"Thank you, Peter," the woman said. "That will be all."

Peter bowed and left the room.

"You've been up to trouble, haven't you child?"

"I'd hardly call it trouble," Corrine protested. "The forests aren't even dangerous. Nothing has happened to me and I go out there all the time."

"You saw something today."

"Yeah, some shadow."

Corrine recalled the stories her parents had told her about Morana. "It's her isn't it?"

Fairy Godmother waved her over. "Come."

Corrine walked over to the balcony and leaned over the railing with her. In Fairy Godmother's hands was a deep blue amulet that hung from a silver chain.

"What is that," she asked, pointing at the necklace.

"It is an amulet to which I have transferred all of my magic in to," she explained as she placed the necklace in the palm of Corrine's hand. "All of my enchantments."

"Why are you giving this to me?"

Fairy Godmother closed her hand over the stone. "It's time."

•>~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•

𝘽𝘼𝙄

"Shang, have you seen Bai?" Mulan asked as she entered the dining hall. "It seems too quiet around here."

General Shang picked his eyes up from his map. "Last time I checked he was at the alters praying."

A shocked expression crossed Mulan's face. "He's not getting into any trouble with his fellow soldiers or harassing the emperor's servants?"

"Well, I haven't seen any chickens in the palace yet which gives me the impression that he might actually be behaving today."