Dutch Van der Linde & Arthur Morgan: Dutch's Plan Part 2

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader X Arthur Morgan

Summary: a progression of your relationship and the gang's downfall.

Word Count: 3400

~Horseshoe Overlook~

Your terms of your relationship with Arthur and Dutch was still new to you all but it was still exciting. You couldn't explain it but it was Dutch that seemed to adjust the fastest, but that made sense since it was all his idea in the first place.

Arthur was still nervous to overstep his boundaries, whether he was upsetting you or Dutch, he just didn't want to risk messing anything up. But whenever he was around you he relaxed completely, he loved you and id this was how he got to be with you, that was good enough for him.

Your relationship with Arthur wasn't public like your relationship with Dutch was, that was a mutual decision made by the three of you. You may all be alright with the arrangement but other people might not be so understanding, even if Dutch convinced them to not comment on it. It would be less complicated this way.

You where standing outside of Dutch's tent with him, his arm wrapped around your waist as he pressed a kiss to your lips. He pulled away from you and looked over your head, stroking his hand up and down your back as he nodded his head in the direction behind you. You glanced over your shoulder, to see what Dutch was looking at, and saw that Arthur was preparing his horse.

"Go keep him company, yeah?" Dutch suggested, getting your attention back onto him.

"Sure" you smiled, resting your hands against his chest rather than his shoulders. "I love you" you said sweetly.

"I love you too" Dutch hummed, kissing you again before patting your hip as you pulled away from him. You gave Dutch another smile before walking over to Arthur.

"Need some company?" you asked as you got closer to Arthur, grabbing his attention.

"Sure, wouldn't do any harm" Arthur nodded, looking at you over his shoulder and smiling to himself.

Arthur mounted his horse before holding his hand down for you to take, which you did. You mounted the horse and wrapped your arms around his waist as you both rode out of the camp.

"So what's the plan?" you asked, wondering where he was heading in the first place.

"I was just heading into town to sell some things" Arthur told you. It was a boring task, something that he hadn't even thought twice about, but now that you were accompanying him he knew that it would be enjoyable.

"Sounds good to me" you hummed as you gave his waist a slight squeeze, making him smile.

Arthur rode up to the fence before dismounting his horse. Instead of letting you dismount by yourself, he reached up and placed his hand on either side of your waist, carefully lifting you down.

Before he could pull away from you, you draped your arms over his shoulders and lent up to kiss him. "I love you" you whispered against his lips.

"I love you too" Arthur spoke without hesitation because he meant every word. He would never tire of hearing you tell him that you love him, even if he had to share your love.

You could only really express your affection with Arthur outside of the camp or in the privacy of the tent that you share with Dutch, if you were in camp all you could do was speak quietly. Sometimes you wished that it was different but you knew why it had to be this way. At least you got to be with him when it was just the two of you. Perhaps that was why Dutch encouraged you to spend time together, not that you were complaining, because he understood that you didn't get the same chances to be together that you and Dutch did.