At the nod of his head, I continued. 

"And then you found out it was the King's Horses, at which point you were assigned to be a bodyguard to a rich member, but the press outed you as still being alive and then they reassigned you to the U.K. because of your connection to me, right?"

"Yeah, and then we had our first in person meeting after I was assigned to find a bodyguard job within the royal family after Henry hired me.  I can show you the exact location if you hand me back my phone, the coordinates are encrypted, but its basically underground in the sewers and you have to walk for miles to find it.  They turned it into some evil lair or something, it was ridiculous.  Whoever the leader is, they have to have some big time money."

The wheels began turning in my head, wondering where exactly Robert fit into the equation, so that's exactly what I asked next.

"So what about Robert?  What's his plan?"

Daniel looked visibly uncomfortable at my question like he didn't want to answer but eventually caved. 

"He wanted me to get in between your relationship with the Prince, to break you up I assume."

My eyebrows went up in surprise and I turned to look behind me in the two way mirror until I remembered that I couldn't see Louis through it, and abruptly turned my attention back to Daniel. 

"Why did they ask you to do that?"

He sighed and rolled his neck in a circle, signs of fatigue showing in every inch on his face. 

"I don't know, Malia, it's not like they laid out their entire evil plan in front of me just for shits and giggles."

I sighed and dropped my face in my hands as I pulled the chair out and took a seat, the emotional distress from what he was telling me finally getting to me. 

"What would they accomplish by splitting up me and Louis..."

"Well isn't it obvious?"

I gave him a blank stare, no response enough of an answer for him. 

"Henry kept going on and on about how you two would be the biggest power couple in all of history because your family has claims to the throne without needing the actual royal blood."

"What?  I didn't know that...I just thought my family was wealthy."

"No, Malia, you are descended from Sophia of Hanover.  I don't know all the specifics because I didn't pay much attention in history class, but apparently when the Protestants wanted to keep the Roman Catholics off of the throne for good and there weren't any Protestant heir apparent's, or direct blood descendants that were Protestant, she was chosen by Parliament as the heir presumptive in the Act of Settlement in the 1700's.  And considering you aren't Roman Catholic, it still pertains to you.  Your family is the only family with direct ties and rights to the royal throne without being directly descended by the current ruling family, Louis' family.  Henry wouldn't shut up about how powerful you were even on your own, but with Louis?  You'd be an unstoppable power couple."

My head was spinning with the knowledge Daniel had just dumped on me. 

"But Louis would still become King one day, what do I have to do with any of this other than making a 'power couple'?"

"Henry kept saying how the public would turn on Louis eventually and the social pressure would force his family to make him give up his position and then the crown would go to Henry, but if the public saw Louis settling down with you, someone with power in her own right, then they would rally behind the both of you and then Henry will have lost his chance to become King in the future."