Enamored Disposition

~Malia~

Just like I had predicted, Louis did not leave when we got to my home.  It still felt strange calling it that-my home. I never even considered that a place as imposing as the one in front of me in that moment would ever be the place that I'd call home.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts of the jumbled mess that was my life, I turned to see Louis striding in through the foyer of my home as if he owned the place.  Well, he was the Prince of England so wasn't that technically true?  Did he own like the entire country?

Okay, that might have been a little overdramatic but still.

"Nice house, Princess. Just wait till you live in a castle."

I rolled my eyes at his back as he took in the foyer and grand dining room to his left. I walked right past him and further into the home through the kitchen to grab something to drink in the refrigerator, setting my crutches to the side as I wasn't really needing them that much lately.

I pulled out some sweet tea (something my newfound family found an abomination) and poured myself a glass.

"Want some?" I ask Louis as he meandered his way into the kitchen.

"Sure. What is it exactly?"

I stifled a laugh, trying to keep the laugh from bubbling out of my chest.

"A southern American delicacy, trust me," I teased, pouring him a glass.

I watched, bemused, as he lifted the glass to his lips and eagerly drank the amber liquid, the sweet tea gliding down his throat as his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed.

Only he could make drinking iced tea look so delectable.

"This is great, I never drink my tea with this much sugar though..."

"It's not like it's filled with gallons of sugar!"

That was the first thing Marissa had asked when I got her to try it after I made my first batch.

"Interesting," was all he said as he continued to sip on his glass.

"So, why did you even want to come over, anyway?"

His entire demeanor changed then. One second he was carelessly drinking iced tea, the next a look of pure, unadulterated lust ensconced his features and I had to take a step back from the raw stare he was pointing directly at me.

I backed up a little and felt my lower back hit against the cool granite of the countertops. If Louis decided to come any further, I was trapped.

So naturally the exact thing I didn't want happening, happened. He walked closer and closer to me, the breath in my throat sticking and I could barely move a fraction of an inch to the left to escape his unwavering advance.

My eyes flickered from his smoldering gaze down to his lush, pink lips and that was when I knew I was in some seriously hot water.

Scorching.

As if knowing the exact direction my thoughts were turning, his tongue darted out across his lower lip and I had to hold back a moan in the back of my throat, the situation getting more and more out of hand the more seconds that ticked by.

His hand darted out and grasped my arm, the exact spot where he touched me forever imprinted with a fire branding that I knew I would never forget.

My body and my mind were not exactly on the same wavelength, that much was as clear as day. My head was telling me to run screaming as far away as I could get from Louis, but my body was dripping with desire for the man in front of me, no matter how badly my subconscious was telling me that I shouldn't get involved with anyone, let alone the prince of freaking England!