Painfully Honest

~Malia~

After the incident with the arrogant piece of crap who looked so much like a muscular Greek God, the man in question stepped back quickly from me and I sat down at the table as far away from Robert and Louis as I possibly could, earning smirks and glares from almost all of the girls in the cafeteria.

I also noticed that all the guys were staring at me, too, but I was getting cat calls and winks more than death glares from them. I guessed there hadn't been any new meat in the school for a very long time, so they had to get their kicks from the new girl.

I just hoped all of the attention would die down. And it did-at least, from everyone else in the lunchroom. Louis was still staring at me like I'd grown a second head from my shoulders, like he was trying to figure me out.

I just stared down at my food and tried not to pay any attention to him, to ignore him and play him at his own game, but his stare became so intense that I found myself looking up at him and meeting him in his cerulean blue eyes that reached down to my core.

I blinked hard, taken aback that he would unabashedly stare at me for so long, so I did what any normal person would do in that situation: I had a staring contest with him.

He seemed amused that I was almost challenging him in a way, but I didn't find it amusing in the slightest. I let my eyes roam over his sculpted face and the dark mahogany color of his hair. His eyes stood out so starkly against the dark skin like he was in the sun all the time, as much sun as I supposed there could be in England.

Someone waved their hand in front of my face and I stiffened up, shocked by the sudden movement and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment for being caught staring at him.

Thankfully, he looked away after that and the person who waved their hand in front of me was only Lizzy, so I didn't have much explaining to do like I would have had it been one of the other girls who'd caught me staring.

The rest of lunch went by without anything else happening-thank god-and I avoided the curious glances that Lizzy and the rest of the table kept throwing me.

Louis got up from the table before lunch was over and I let out a breath that I didn't know I'd been holding the second that he was out of sight...that is until he cornered me in the hallway as I was leaving, his arm reaching out and grabbing me reminding me of a terrible night when Robert had caught me off guard coming out of my room.

My entire body stiffened.

"What do you think you're doing?" I demanded from Louis, furious that he would think that what he was doing was actually okay.

"What is your angle? What do you want?"

His eyes were burning deep holes into my body as he glared at me, the hatred rolling off of him in waves. We were in a cordoned off section in a secluded corridor, so there was no one walking by to see us.

I gulped as I steadied my glare at him, not wanting him to think that he intimidated me even if I wanted to piss my pants right then and there.

The way he was looking at me was as if I were his prey and he was the predator in that situation, and he didn't want me to come out unscathed.

Regardless, I bit back my fear and swallowed my horror, wanting my life to start anew and to not let my fear run my life.

"I'm not sure I know what you're talking about," I said back to him as sweetly as I could imagine without my voice shaking and showing my terror.

His eyes hardened even more if that were even possible, and if he wasn't so terrifying I would have been extremely turned on at that moment.

It was the heart palpitations going haywire in my chest coupled with the red heat rising up from my core and lighting up my cheeks that kept me from daydreaming and fulfilling my lust induced desires.