Chapter 1- Rejection

Kali's POV-

I woke up from a very exciting dream when the sun shone brightly through the slightly opened blinds. I yawned and stretched my arms and legs as I stood up and out of my bed. I took a quick cold shower to wake myself up and then blow dryer my hair straight.

I clipped one side of my hair back with bobby pins while the other side fell loose and my bangs shadowed my face. I threw on undergarments, a tank-top and a large grey sweater. I put on pink skinny jeans and then white converse.

I brushed my teeth, then grabbed my bag. "Woo!" I said as I slid down the railing of the stairs."Hi mom!" I said grabbing a plate I piled it with two pancakes, bacon, eggs and sausage. "Hi." She responded quickly.

Scarfing down my food I stood up and dropped off my plate into the sink making sure to grab my blue bag. "I'm headed out." I yelled as I ran outside to my precious beauty! It's a blue truck, and I absolutely love it!

~~~~~~~~~
When I arrived at school I immediately spotted Kyle. I switched the key and my truck turned off. I got out and almost as soon as I started walking towards him he spotted me and started to walk towards me too.

"Kyle!" I yelled as I ran to him. He walked towards me holding his hands out gesturing me to hug him. I ran and kinda jumped on him. He responded immediately, wrapping his arms around me tightly as my legs lifted up.

"Hey Baby girl." He said in a husky voice as he put me down. My wolf shuddered. Hmm. That's weird. Oh well. Maybe she's like in love with him or something. But I can't blame her because he's pretty hot with his Dark Brown hair and his chocolatey eyes that can make any girl melt. And not to mention his ADORABLE smile...........so what? I may have a little crush on him?........Ok MAJOR lie right there. I've had a crush on him for a long time, But he's my best friend so that would be weird....0.o

"Hey we need to talk afterschool, Kay?" He asked.

"Kk." I said and beamed a smile before we walked side by side into the building.

As we passed by my locker I waved a bye and he did the same. I went to my locker and dropped off my bag. I grab my books for my first period, science.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day flew by quickly, but I started to notice something.......Kyle has kinda been ignoring me. I mean, he didn't sit with me at lunch today-not to sound clingy, but he's about the only friend-friend that I have. I mean sure everybody has "those friends" that you can talk to or gossip with, but you would never really hangout together otherwise. Ok back to the point, he sat with the "cool kids". You know you're typical jocks and popular girls.

I keep walking down the hallway with my bag to the school entrance to leave when I hear a group of guys behind me laughing like somebody told a funny joke. I hear a guys voice, and I instantly knew it was Kyle. I walked out and heard him say "Ok guys I gotta go meet up with someone but I'll see y'all tomorrow." As I heard the laughter of the jocks fade I hear footsteps behind me.

I turn to Kyle and say "Hey" casually and give him a smile. "Hey uh can we talk somewhere else. There's too many people around here." He responds. Ok that's really weird. Me and my wolf have a bad feeling about this. "Umm, ok." I say like it's nothing.

He mutters an ok and escorts me to the football field. We go to almost the very top of the stands and sit.

"So...." He starts off. Well this is awkward.
"What I wanted to talk about is kinda important. So please don't be mad or sad about this?" I nod an ok, so he continues. "Well since I'm going to be Alpha soon, I need to start acting like one and start training and everything. But there's just one problem."

"What?" I ask.
He hesitates, shaking his head. I'm worried now.....
...............................
"You." He finally responds. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean, me?" I ask curiously.

"I'm the soon to be Alpha. The highest rank in a pack. I'm going to run the 2nd best pack in the United States. I can't be hanging out with someone like you." He says like it's so obvious.

"Someone like me?" I ask clearly confused and doubtful. What's he saying? Someone like me?

"You're an Omega. Not even a warrior. I mean if I'm going to be Alpha then I need to hang out with more popular people. Like other soon to be betas or alphas. I can't be hanging out with a child. You're too silly and not serious enough."

"Wha-"

"Let's just get to the point. We can't be friends anymore. You need to avoid me and I will avoid you. It'll be like we never knew each other." He said getting up. He mutters an "I'm sorry" and walks away. My vision starts to get blurry and clouded. As soon as he's out of sight, I let out my tears. The roll all the way down my cheeks. I just lost my best friend. Now I have nobody. I grip my hair and head wanting to pull it out. My heart aches and I have this lump in my throat. I curl up in a ball and sob there alone.

~~~~~~~~~End of Day~~~~~~~~

It's been about a week since the whole incident with Kyle. I learned to just move on. Of course miss him, but there's nothing I can do. My birthday passed recently too, so today I plan to find my mate. I hope he's here.

When I arrive at school I walk to my locker. I put everything away and pull out the things I need for science class. I hear the familiar laughs and giggles that I hear everyday down the hallway where Kyle and his buddies lockers are.

My wolf was purring though. We could hear Kyle's laugh clearly and it made me shiver. Then an amazing scent hit me. It smelt like the forest after it rained. It smelt so good. I tried to fight the temptation of inhaling the intoxicating scent sense this school is filled with humans too. If a human saw me I would look like an idiot. I sniffed just a little bit of it and it was getting stronger as it neared me.

I heard the laughs grow. I need to leave before Kyle sees me. I turn and run into a girl. I had my head down so I look up and see that it's some random popular girl that has an arm wrapped around her shoulder. And it was Kyle's. That made my wolf growl.

"Watch where your going idiot!" She sneers in my face. I look up at Kyle and stare into his eyes. Everything else fades and it's just me and him. "MATE!" My wolf chants. Oh my goodness!! Kyle is my mate! No!!
I hear Kyle mutter "mate" but it's barely audible that only a werewolf could hear.

He's cuts into the silence by saying "Come on Guys. Let's get away from this Loser." They laugh and hurt flashes through my eyes. They walk away and Kyle looks back. He mouths something.

"I Reject You"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey guys! It Kitah here!! I hope you like my first book!! It's a werewolf book. (Obviously😋)

I will be updating soon. Please share this book with others and help me make it a popular book! 😊

Kali Reese-Ariana Granda/Cat Valentine
Kyle Hayes-Dylan O'brien

Alrighty, well I hope you liked it! Now peace out! 😊☺️😉😘

~Kitah