Chapter 4

Monday
You arrived at school and you saw Jungkook getting out of his car. You decided to avoid him so you plugged in your AirPods. You walked past him. He didn't see you at first but a familiar smell lingered in his nose. His senses were too strong, being a vampire. He turned around to see you walking past him. He even called out your name but you kept walking. You were walking down the halls when outta nowhere, Jungkook was standing in front of you. How did he get here?
He reached out to remove your AirPods off. You hesitated but let him eventually. "Hey! Good morning." He gave you a bright smile. "Hey. Morning" you replied vaguely. You still did not know why you were still mad/disappointed at him. Somehow you didn't want to think your way out of it because it would drive you crazy. "Let's just get to class." You said as you didn't want to talk anymore.
"Okay class I hope you're prepared for the test?" "What test?" Jungkook asked abruptly. "The test on calculus. Did you not know?" The teacher asked him. "I'm sorry I didn't attend school for the past few days." "Well then maybe you should've asked someone." "I did..." he said as he turned his face towards you. You couldn't make eye contact with him. You felt guilty. "Let's start."
You finished the test quickly as you knew pretty much everything. You looked over at Jungkook who was still writing. I'm sucha bitch.
After class you met up with Jungkook in the halls. "Hey why didn't you tell me there was a test today?" You couldn't find words. "I um- forgot. Sorry." Jungkook's vampire senses told him you were lying. But why? "I gotta go Jungkook." You said and left without another word. You were embarrassed now. He has always been nice to you. Why did you have to be this way?
Jungkook pov
You sensed that Y/n was lying. You thought that you were pushing this friendship. Maybe she didn't want to be your friend? You were confused. You thought maybe you made her feel uncomfortable. I have to stop pushing whatever this is.
Your pov
It was lunchtime. You were putting back your books in your locker when Jungkook came up to you. This time you gave him a genuine smile . You saw his furrowed face and asked him what happened "What is it?" "Look Y/n I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. I thought we were becoming friends."  He said that in a rather more apologetic tone. Before you could respond, he left in the distance. You pushed past the crowd of people to find him but he had disappeared.
In the cafeteria, you didn't see Jungkook anywhere. You took your plate and sat at a table. You could feel a stare from your back, you turned to see, it was Sooya. Bitch. She and her sidekicks were staring and laughing at you. She came up to you and said, "Aw, where is that "friend" of yours now? Tell me, how much did you pay him to stick up to your ass the other day?" "Fuck you Sooya. Leave me alone." She smirked and was about to leave when she heard you whisper under your breath whore and she got furious. Now she wanted revenge. You took a bite of your food when you saw Jungkook sitting in one corner of the room. Far away from you, but somehow his presence made you feel safe. And suddenly you felt a sharp pain, a burning sensation, on your right side. You looked down and saw hot coffee dripping off your side. The pain seized your movements. You looked up to Sooya laughing at you. "Take that bitch." Without your knowledge, a rush of tears were already falling from your eyes. In the blink of an eye, you were lifted from your chair. A strong pair of arms held you bridal style, making sure not touching your burned side. You looked at person holding you through your bleary eyes. It was Jungkook. He looked worried, brow furrowed.

Jungkook pov
"Y/n! No!" You screamed as you saw Sooya spill a cup of hot coffee on Y/n. She couldn't move. She sat their frozen. You wanted to help her so you decided to take her to the nurse. She was a crying mess as you held her in your arms. Her nose turned red. Her face puffed. You didn't want to let her go but you had to help her. You were so fast that even in less than 10 seconds, you got her to the nurse's room and placed her on the bed. The nurse wasn't there. So you asked her to take her sweatshirt off. She didn't seem to hear you as she kept crying. You reached out to take off her sweatshirt and she let you. You were now attempting to tie her hair. Now she was there half naked. You saw her burnt shoulders and waist which had become red and bruised. But what caught your eye was now her bare collarbone, her long neck and her toned jawline. An old temptation of hunger growled in you. The urge of making contact with her skin grew in you. After all you were a vampire. You were so close to her since you were still trying to tie her hair and now felt your fangs protrude out. You couldn't lose yourself, not right now. I need to get out.

Your pov
You did not know what was happening around. You felt Jungkook's hot breath against your neck as he tried to tie your hair back. You looked him in the eye and saw his eyes change colour. It went from brown to yellow- hazel. What the- You couldn't process through the pain. "I- I'll be right back." He said and left. You were sitting there, half naked. Obviously you had on your bra but that didn't change the fact that you've never been exposed in front of a guy before. Jungkook returned after what seemed like 30 minutes. Soon the nurse returned "Oh my god! What happened to you? Let me see." The nurse came closer to you and examined your side. She put an ointment on your skin. "You can't wear anything for at least an hour because the clothes will cause friction against your skin." "Okay. But I have to wear something eventually right?" "You have to wear loose clothes dear otherwise it'll hurt you." You nodded in response. Jungkook felt embarrassed being there since you wouldn't be wearing any top for at least an hour. You saw he felt uncomfortable. "Y/n, I think I should get back to class. I'll check on you later?" "Yes you shouldn't miss your classes because of me." "It's not like that-" "Its ok Jungkook. Go." He gave you a small soft smile and left.

Jungkook pov
If you wouldn't have left the room before, you would've lost it. You had learnt to control your thirst but Y/n was something different. Seeing her in that way made you feel things. All sorts of emotions. You knew you were falling for her but with her acting strange, you questioned your feelings. What I'm I doing wrong? After class you checked on Y/n. It has been more than an hour now, you saw that the nurse had put a thin blanket on top of her as she lay there. You pulled up a chair and sat near her bed. You hesitated at first but since she was asleep, you held her hand in yours. She was warm. You waited for her to wake up.