9 | Rant Buddy

"You're joking, right?" Dara asked with wide eyes after Olivia explained to her what happened last night, shaking her head through the phone screen.

"I'm not..."

"So that boy really came over to your house to comfort you, then fell asleep in your bed all night?" Dara repeated, Olivia nodding then shrugging.

"Well, I mean, when I woke up he was gone, so maybe he didn't stay the entire night, my parents probably kicked him out..." Olivia ran her hand through her hair, a nervous habit she had when she rambled.

"But still! Olivia, come on!" Dara exclaimed. "I think he likes you... but do you like him?"

Olivia scoffed. "No, Dar, I do not like Josh! That would be crazy... right? Especially after Ethan and I just broke up?"

"Oh yeah, wow I was so caught up on the whole Jolivia thing I forgot to ask how it ended with Ethan, if you don't mind sharing?" Dara asked.

"What even is a Jolivia? If it's ship name, I'm stopping you right there," Olivia replied as Dara laughed. "But um, about Ethan... I was really upset that he missed my birthday, regardless of being busy filming, I'm sure they would've let him leave for at least a day, so we argued about that. Then that led to a pretty big fight on how we both felt about the relationship so he said we should keep some space or whatever and unfollowed me on social media. Then a couple days later I called him to see how he was doing and figured we'd both let off some steam and could talk things over, but he didn't even answer me, sent me straight to voicemail before texting a reply 'we're over', and that was it."

"Oh hell no, the boy dumped you over text?!" Dara sighed. "Girl, you know you deserve so much better than him, right?"

Olivia shrugged. "It's hard to believe that right now when I'm hurting and missing him. He was my first real relationship, you know? I loved him, and it's hard to just throw away a relationship with someone who was your best friend and the most important person in your life. It's not easy to just wake up one morning knowing they're not in your life anymore, it feels so empty and cold."

"I know," Dara nodded. "Well hey, here's an idea, let's go shopping or something, take your mind off it. It'll be fun, yeah?"

"I guess," Olivia shrugged with a small smile. "Pick me up in 10?"

"For sure," Dara winked. "I love you, and I'm here to be your rant buddy, okay?" She smiled as Olivia returned the message before hanging up.

•••

A/N: i hate that like all of these chapters are fillers lmao ?? but i really wanted some olivia + dara friendship energy thrown in here because there hasn't been much and 🤧 i love them

sorry for no update in a little bit, school was kicking my booty with mpa, sat, annotated bibliography for my research paper, etc. but now all the schools are closed for a bit and we're supposed to be on spring break next week anyway so hopefully in my time of social distancing/self isolation i can get off of netflix and write some more 😂 lowkey sucks that my fam won't let me go out because i just got my own car and i wanna go everywhere LOL 🤧
but in all serious though, i hope you guys are doing well, please try to practice social distancing too if you can to try and regulate the spread of this virus and spend some time with your family inside! i love you all so much, please stay safe, wash your hands 🧼👏❤️

anyway i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! if so please don't forget to vote comment and share because i love your feedback!

thanks, until next time ;)