Chapter 137

"No one wants any trouble, Stiles. We just want the hybrid." Greta said. "You're not getting Henry!" Lisina shouted. "Let me handle this." Hayley told her. I sighed. "Oliver...why don't you and your sister head up with her room, huh?" I told him. He nodded. "Do you have to get angry?" He asked innocently. "Hopefully not, kiddo." I said with a smile. I looked at Hope. She nodded her head. "Come on bud." She said picking him up and heading to her room where Henry was waiting. I looked at the gathered group of vampires. "Remember that that hybrid is just a kid." Josh told the group of vampires. "But Poppy was just trying to walk home from work." Josh stated. "And she was our friend." Josh added. "He's not going anywhere." Lisina said. "Lisina, love, it'd be best if you stop talking before you make things worse." I announced walking over to the group. "Stiles...Hayley, you might not have a choice." Josh said. "We need to be rational." Hayley said. "Should they go back and tell Poppy's mother her daughter's killer's free, but at least we were rational?" Greta asked. "Peace is complicated. We haven't had it all this time because we've been perfect. We've had it because we haven't overreacted when we're not. Revenge isn't justice. Do we really want to sacrifice a...a kid to assuage our fear?" Hayley explained. "He's not just a kid. He's a hybrid. With the power to kill any vampire he chooses." Greta stated. "I'm a hybrid. I'm not a threat to anyone. Stiles is a hybrid and he's not..." Hayley countered. She looked at me. I screwed my face up scratching the back of my head. "...Look the point is...after I teach Henry self-control, he won't be, either. Look, every death is a tragedy. And I'm truly sorry for Poppy and her family. But we've evolved beyond an "eye for an eye" mentality. This is a test. Don't...throw away all we've accomplished." Hayley said. "I suggest...you agree and leave before I show you what the bad side of a 1000 year old Chimera looks like." I said. The group of vampires left and I looked at Hayley. "How was that?" Hayley asked me. "I think...the Alpha crown suits you nicely." I said wrapping my arms around her waist with a smile before I kissed her lips. She pulled back. "I'll be back in a little while. I'm going to the Quarter to get beignets." She said. "Beignets? What for?" I asked. "For Oliver." She said slipping out of my grip and heading to the front entrance of the compound and left. I shook my head chuckling heading upstairs to my office.

C   O   U   P   L   E      H   O   U   R   S      L   A   T   E   R

I sat in a chair reading a book to Oliver while Hope sat across from us sketching. Freya walked over to us. "Hey, jailbird." Freya said to Hope taking a seat on the table. "Hey." Hope replied. "I've got some news about me and Keelin. Where's your mom?" She stated. I looked up at them. "I don't know. She said she'd only be gone a few minutes, but then she never came back." Hope explained. "Where'd she go?" Freya asked. "Outside to make a call." I answered before an aromatic smell overcame me. "Auntie Freya?" Hope asked looking over at the water fountain. Freya looked over and stood to her feet. "Dad? What's wrong with your eyes?" Oliver asked. Freya and Hope looked over at me. "Come to me, bud." Freya said motioning Oliver to her. Ollie got off my lap and hurried over to Freya who picked him up. My eyes were red as fangs painfully cut through my gums. I gripped the arms of the leather. "Get them away from me." I strained with a throaty growl clenching my jaws. "Let's go, Hope." Freya said taking the three of them out of the room. I got to my feet glaring at the blood-spewing fountain. A certain someone is someplace where that someone should not be. After a few minutes, I gained control of my hunger and returned back to normal. "You can come out now...it's safe." I announced leaning against the fountain. Hope walked over to me with Oliver. "Where's your aunt?" I asked them. "She went outside." Oliver answered. A couple seconds later, Freya walked in with a worried look on her face. "Someone found this in the streets." Freya said handing a phone to Hope. It was Hayley's. And the screen was cracked. My eyes widened as Freya looked at me. A buzzing sound came from Hope's hand and she looked down to see the phone was ringing. Klaus Mikaelson was the name on the caller ID. Hope looked at me. I nodded my head. Hope answered it. "Dad?" She said. "I was looking for your mother." Klaus answered on the other line. "Yeah, so are we. Um...I don't know where she is. She's missing." Hope told him. "I'm on my way." Klaus told her after a moment of silence and hung up. Hope turned to me. I opened my arms and she ran into my arms. Oliver did as well as they both hugged me. I looked at Freya with clenched jaws. She pursed her lips and nodded as if she knew what I was thinking. I'm gonna find the son of a bitch that took her...and I'm gonna kill them.