I'll Burn Myself In Memory Of You

On a particular night, to Wei WuXian's surprise, Lan WangJi woke up from a nightmare, crying. No matter how much he snuggled closer to him, it didn't work to calm him down. 

Lan WangJi took out a jar of Emperor's Smile. 'Emperor's Smile?'

He watched as Lan WangJi opened it and poured a cup. 'Another rule you broke. But drink all you want so you can sleep.'

Moments after Lan WangJi drank a cup of Emperor's Smile and knocked out, he was relieved. But only for a few moments. Lan WangJi woke up again and cried holding the Yunmeng bell. 

Wei WuXian hopped towards Lan WangJi onto his lap. Lan WangJi picked him up and started talking to him. "WeiYing. When will you come back? I'm tired. I'll let you annoy me all you want. I'll give you all the Emperor's Smile and sneak it in for you without Uncle knowing. I'll let you tease me. I'll let you fix my ribbon, even if you don't feel that way towards me. I'll even eat spices with you. Come back. I need you. A-Yuan needs his Xian Gege."

"

"How I wish I can just scream to you I'm right in front of you."

Lan WangJi suddenly placed him down and walked towards the door. "Lan Zhan! Where are you going?! It's past 9! You'll get punished again!"

With his small legs, he hopped his fastest to catch up to Lan WangJi. 

Lan WangJi went to the storage room and was rummaging through the collection of the items from the Wen Sect. Curious, Wei WuXian was next to Lan WangJi watching him.

'Wen Sect iron brand? What are you-'

Lan WangJi then hurried out to the kitchen leaving Wei WuXian no choice but to go after him.

'Are you sober or drunk Lan Zhan?'

But he lost sight of Lan WangJi and he couldn't find him in the Jingshi. 'Lan Zhan Lan Zhan. Where did you go?'

Then it clicked. 'Lan Zhan. If you dare do that. I - UGH. Lan Zhan. Don't do it!'

As soon as he arrived at the kitchen, he saw Lan WangJi lifting the iron, positioning it so it could be the exact same as his. 

'Lan Zhan! LAN WANGJI YOU IDIOT!'

Not caring if he became a roasted bunny, like he always said he'll do to another rabbit when he was human, he jumped towards Lan WangJi's hands, trying to knock it out of his hands. 

The iron brand successfully fell out of his hands to the corner of the kitchen. 

"Let me burn myself so WeiYing will remember me."

Wei WuXian growled. "Lan Zhan you idiot. You fuddy-duddy. I'll always remember you. Always."

Lan WangJi stood to go towards it so Wei WuXian jumped onto the shelves where the plates and bowls were located and knocked them down. 

Hearing the commotion and the sudden noise at this time, LanXiChen made his way to the kitchen. He saw his brother trying to burn himself and the bunny jumping knocking the iron brand out of his hand, but still manage to burn him a lightly.

 He saw his brother trying to burn himself and the bunny jumping knocking the iron brand out of his hand, but still manage to burn him a lightly

"WANGJI!" He ran towards his little brother and moved the iron brand far away from him.

"Brother. I miss WeiYing."

'Fuddy-duddy Lan Zhan. I miss you too.'

"WangJi. Wake up."

"I want to sleep for a long time."

"No WangJi. No." 

First update in April! 

I really want to hurry up and skip these painful chapters of Lan Zhan. I just want him to know that Wei Ying is the bunny RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. 

I just rearranged my table in my room yesterday. So instead of it being in the "middle of the room" and facing the door, I moved my table against the wall and I have so much moving space in my room now. 

I rearranged my room so it actually feels new? My study motivations have been super low these few months and I need to pick up my slack. 

Bad habits are hard to break.