Epilogue

Jordan's POV:

6 Years Later:

"Joseph Tyler, put your sister down," Luke's voice causes me to smile as I make my way down the stairs, adjusting my dress as I go.

"She wants to be an airplane!" My son's voice pleads up at his daddy as I round the corner, seeing his skinny arms wrapped around his little sister's waist, still holding her in the air. Luke notices me, stopping for a moment to full on stare. 

"Easy tiger," I roll my eyes, going to pick up my two year old. She smiles her little grin, warming my heart.

"You look spiffy," I smile, throwing him a wink as he grabs the keys to our Jeep. 

"As do you Hemmings," he winks back, taking Joseph's hand as we managed to make it to the car. As soon as were out of the driveway Joseph is asking for music like he always does. I crank up some green day, watching with a fond smile as Haley taps her little combat-boot clad feet against the edge of her carseat. Joseph taps along on his legs and sings every word alongside his dad.

The drive to Liz's doesn't take long and she's waiting on the porch when we pull in.

"There's my babies!" She exclaims, opening her arms as my kids go running to her. Luke pouts a little, making us both laugh.

"And it's good to see my Lewi too," she teases, reaching up to fix the collar of his dress shirt. "You two have fun tonight."

"Alright you all, now you be nice to your grandma alright? Be good, go to sleep tonight," I bend down, giving them both hugs before watching them follow Liz into her house. 

 "Now the real fun can begin, hmm?" Luke grins, hand finding my waist as he pulls me against him.

"Your mother and kids are right behind that door Hemmings," I remind him, but I still kiss him. It still feels the same way as it did the first time.

"Happy friendiversary babe," he grins, leading me back to the car and opening the door for me. I grin, reaching in my purse and grabbing the old mixtape from my tenth birthday, watching as he rolls his eyes but allows me to place it in the CD player. 

Blink is playing much too loud for the approval of everyone else in the parking lot of the restaurant we end up at but were both too happy to care. 

Dinner is good and the cake is sweet, but not as sweet as the smiles Luke keeps throwing me across the table. 

I wrap my arms around his left arm as we walk down the Sydney streets after dinner, enjoying the city lights before he finds a bench and we sit on it.

"I got you something," he clenches his teeth in his smile, knowing I'm about to scold him.

"I told you not to get me anything," I pout, but he kisses me. 

"Well you broke your own rule too so don't you guilt trip me," he smirks.

"How'd you-"

"Because I know you," he interrupts me. 

"Fine. Then I get to go first," I sigh, reaching into my purse and getting the small box out. It's obvious that it's a ring box and he looks at me questioningly.

"Are you proposing Jo? I already did that deed two years ago," he teases, but he takes the box and opens it up. I chew on my lip waiting for his reaction.

His eyes grow wide as he pulls the thick silver ring from its box.

"I know you were really missing your old one," I smile as he slides it on his pinky, replacing the one he lost somewhere on tour. "Look on the inside."

He pulls it back off and looks on the inside carefully, eyes lighting up as he sees the engraving:

we love you, Jordan, Joseph and Haley xx

"Thank you so much babe. I love it," he leans in and kisses me sofly, making me smile. "Your turn."

I watch as he too pulls out a jewelry box, but his is long a slender. He looks at me cautiously before he opens it, and I gasp.

Nestled in the velvet is a necklace with four charms, each with a different birthstone. I recognize the first three; one for Luke, one for Joseph and one for Haley but the last one stumps me for a moment. Then I remember and the tears begin to form. 

"Ty," I whisper. Luke takes the box back, removing the necklace and gently placing it on my neck, smoothly closing the clasp with a small smile.

"She's still a part of us Jo," he kisses my forehead, pulling me in for a hug before bringing me up against his side. I press up against him, thankful for his steady arm around my shoulder.

As I close my eyes, the cool metal of the necklace against my neck, I finally realize something.

I'm going to be okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to anyone who read this story I just want to say thank you so much. This was my first fic and it's a bit rocky at parts so thank you for giving it a chance and I hope you enjoyed it. 

xx Lyndsey