Chapter 12

Luke's POV:

"Thank you Dublin, you guys have been amazing! Were 5 Seconds of Summer and we'll see you next time!" My voice bounces around over the screams. I take one last look at the crowd before spinning around, lining up beside Calum and Mikey in front of Ash's drum kit, watching as he flips his drumstick up in the air one last time before we synchronize our last three notes. Cal lifts his bass in the air before we all file back off of stage, dropping our guitars off to the techs.

"Boys!" J's voice rings out through the hallway, reverberating off the walls. She's bouncing a little, the excitement on her face still just as evident as it was every time I glanced at her on side stage. Were all jogging, but I speed up so I reach her first. My arms automatically coil around her waist, lifting her up as her's lock around my shoulders, her legs around my torso. The momentum spins as a few times and I bury my face in her neck.

It's odd, how reassuring her hugs are. The thoughts of the single note I missed or the fact that my jump was a little later than the rest of the bands seem to fade away.

I feel the familiar arms of the rest of the boys wrap around us as we all join the hug, adrenaline still pumping as we realize how many people we just played to.

"You guys killed it," she exclaims in my ear, voice a little rough. I lean my neck back to see her looking up at the ceiling, eyes gleaming.

"Jo, are you crying?" Calum exclaims in bewilderment.

"Maybe. I'm just really really fucking proud of you guys," she mumbles, obviously embarrassed.

"Awwww," Michael and Ash smile, hugging in tighter as I instinctively reach up and wipe a tear from her cheek.

"Shut up," she groans, her face falling into my shoulder as I chuckle lightly.

"Let's go back to the hotel, yeah? I need a shower," Ash suggests, pushing his sweaty curls back out of his face as he backs out of the hug. Once everyones spread back out, I sit J down on her feet.

Five minutes later my arm is slung over her shoulder as we head to the car. After checking with security who told us meeting fans wasn't an option we opted for Ash's suggestion, grabbing some snacks from the dressing room before heading back.

The sunset is bright through our tinted windows, and I watch the silhouette of Jordan's lips against the painting of the sky as she laughs along with the stories of the hot girl in row three.

The ride is short, but by the time we get back there's already girls clustered around the outside of the entrance.

"I know, no need for explanations," Jo rolls her eyes, shooing us out of the car as it stops. She waves us off, careful to stay out of the eyesight of fans as our driver whisks her away to a back entrance.

"Hey guys!" Michael calls out to the crowd, and I can tell they're doing their best to stay calm and respectful, shushing the few that scream hysterically, most of them smiling. "You all ready to take some selfies or what!?"

We begin our rounds, talking to each girl that we can and making every face in the book, kissing cheeks and passing out hugs, each just as good as the rest. When we get ushered back inside we wave until they can't see us anymore, heading back up to our rooms through the elevator.

Michael rests his head on my shoulder with a groan.

"I'm out of tour shape, my legs are sore from so much jumping," he mumbles, eyes trailing up as he watches the numbers of the floors shift.

"You're were never in tour shape Michael," Calum teases, dodging the skinny jean clad kick Mikey aims at him. The elevator pulls to a halt and we all file out, fishing out our keys and going to our seperate rooms, mumbling our goodnights despite the fact that it's only 8 o'clock.