Fate

We were back above ground now and leaping on top of each soldier's head to get to the entrance. We fought our way through with the help of our clones and made it to the entrance of a cave.

Naruto set Shion down on the ground right in front of the entrance while I held off one of the terracota soldiers with my blade and pushed it away while more were slowly approaching.

"Hurry and go!" I yelled at her and she fervently nodded her head and ran inside the cave.

Ten minutes had gone by as we relentlessly fought off the terracota soldiers that were multiplying by the second, that was until a blade of lightening cut half of them all down.

Naruto and I whipped our heads to the right and saw Kakashi Sensei preparing himself to perform another jutsu.

"You came!" I delightfully exclaimed with a sigh of relief escaping my lips.

"I'll take care of these things out here. You two go inside and guard the priestess," shouted Kakashi Sensei over his shoulder.

I turned to Naruto and we slowly faced the entrance to the temple where Shion predicted our fate. I felt a shiver run down my spine with my legs growing weak, but I took in a deep breath and asked, "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," he said as he looked onward and proceeded to run inside.

I simply gazed at his retreating figure before I ran inside and followed after him.

Not long had passed before I found myself standing in a dimly lit place with pits of lava lighting the area.

I shuddered as I recalled my dream and clutched my heart as I vividly remembered the way my heart was pierced.

'It's okay. Nothing has happened.'

I brought myself out of my own thoughts and saw Shion on the ground with a stream of tears sliding down her cheeks.

Naruto who thought she was simply tired from sealing away Moryo was wrong when she said, "I didn't deserve to be protected by you or the others."

"What?"

The ground underneath us started to rumble and cracks began to form and grow wider until numerous purple tentacles shot up from within the cracks.

"Oh no..." I muttered to myself as I realized she had failed to seal him away and that her vision may come true.

The tentacles were violently raging in the air until one swiftly came down and was heading towards me while some were going after Naruto.

'He died because he got distracted by me. Should I worry more about myself right now or worry about him and protect him?'

I jumped in the air before the tentacle could strike and whipped my head over my shoulder as I saw two more coming from behind.

'I need to change the way my dream happened. I can't make the same mistakes!'

I turned my body around and blew four large fireballs at them making them shriek, but the fire didn't stop them as they continued to soar into the fire and made it out ready to strike me.

Two other tentacles were coming in the other direction right behind me and another two towering over me.

'Damn it, they just keep coming.' I activated my Sharingan and tried my best to swiftly dodge each tentacle, but I ended up grabbing onto one and soared with it in the air.

It flailed around trying to shake me off until I saw another tentacle coming my way. I waited until it came closer and closer and when it was merely inches away from my body, I let go of the tentacle I was holding on to.

As I was falling down, I saw the tentacle pierce the other with its black blood splattering everywhere and loudly shrieking making me wince and cover my ears.

The creature raged and vehemently glared at me with its red eyes until it rose and towered over me as I roughly landed on the ground.

"You want to kill me? Come at me!" I screamed as I eyed Naruto who wasn't battling as many of the tentacles as I was since a majority of them were coming for me.

The serpentine creature has its eyes on me and wasn't going to let me get away until I was dead.

Even though I'm risking my life right now, I hope this at least helps Naruto and creates a ripple effect in our fate.

Ten tentacles were now surrounding me and I could feel the fear and adrenaline course through my body. I have to be on high alert right now because this was literally a life or death situation.

All ten of them tried to strike me at the same time, but I jumped right on time and ran on top of one before leaping and sliding onto some other ones.

I placed a paper bomb on those I made contact with and could hear the explosions go off right behind me.

The creature didn't let that stop him and continued to block me from trying to escape. As I leapt off one of them, I felt one of the tentacles go right past me grazing my right arm and right leg.

I winced and as I was about to change direction, one of the tentacles slammed itself against me and slammed me to the ground.

I painfully groaned as I lay on the ground, but I quickly got up on one knee because I didn't have time to be laying around.

"(Y/n)!" Screamed Naruto who I saw running towards me, but I shook my head and lowly muttered, "No, no, no..." before I raised my voice and yelled, "Wait! Don't come over here!"

I started to get up on my feet and my eyes widened as I saw a tentacle quickly making its way behind Naruto.

"Get out of the way!" I was too focused on Naruto that I didn't bother to look behind me where three tentacles were quickly approaching me.

I quickly ran towards him and reached my hand out to him, but the tentacle never pierced his stomach. A lavender orb surrounded him and protected him against the creature.

I started to slow down my pace and placed my hands over my mouth as a breath of relief escaped my lips, but Naruto didn't stop running towards me and lunged at me, but I felt something graze the left side of my stomach before he fell on top of me.

The tentacles flew above us and I remained in Naruto's arms with the lavender orb surrounding us.

"We're... we're not dead," I panted as I stared at him in disbelief.

"You would have been if I didn't make it!" He raised his voice at me, but I could clearly see the worry and fear etched on his face.

"I'm sorry."

And for a moment, he forgot about the mission and was focused on me and my well-being.