Change of Plans

The sun had risen and we were traveling on foot again albeit at a quicker pace. We were in the same order as last time and Sakura was in charge of carrying Shion again. Taruho was running at a slower pace, but wasn't too far behind. Well kinda.

We were within a canyon that was filled with a raging body of water and a few waterfalls running down the top of the canyon. There were rocks and pillars protruding from the water which gave us a way to travel, however, Taruho decided to stay above ground where it would be safer for him.

As we were jumping on the rocks and pillars, Shion profusely cried out, "Watch out! I'm going to fall!"

Despite what she said we tried to keep going until her screams became louder and louder every second.

"Put me down I'm going to fall! Put me down!" Shrieked Shion as she pounded her right fist on Sakura's shoulder while she kept her other arm wrapped around Sakura's neck.

We stopped on top of pillar and Shion took that chance to push herself off of Sakura and let out a huff.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?! Going through such a dangerous path! Are you really trying to protect me? There must be another path!"

"Should we change our route?" Asked Lee as he gave Neji a glance indicating that it was up to him to decide whether or not we would we would change our route.

"No. The enemy's combat attack were based on the fire style."

"And since we're surrounded by water, we have a way to counter their fire style," I finished off for him.

"Correct." He turned his attention away from us and faced Shion. "Lady Shion, once we get past this place the Sealing Shrine will be nearby. Please endure a little longer."

She quickly turned away from him with a scowl on her face, but nonetheless obliged by going to Sakura to let her carry her.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a hint of movement but I wasn't the only one who noticed. I squinted my eyes and saw a long stream of water floating in the air that had glowing yellow eyes. It was slowly approaching us, but then started to pick up the pace.

"It's a water dragon!

"They're attacking with water not fire! You guys were completely wrong," I heard Shion shout right behind me. Although she couldn't see it I sent her a small glare.

"Yes we know, now let's go!" I shouted over the ever growing noise from the approaching water dragon. We leaped onto the rocks and made our way above ground.

Sakura had set Shion down and placed her in the middle while each one of us circled around her in a prosthetics manner, waiting to see where the enemy would appear.

"Geez and all that talk about how that water would be used to our advantage. I thought you were the smart one here Neji. I can't imagine what your friends would have dragged us into."

"Not helping," I angrily said through gritted teeth as my (e/c) eyes had changed into my Sharingan.

"I found them. They're on top of the ridge," spoke up Neji.

"Alright! I'll go to the ridge then!" Exclaimed Naruto as he started to run over there.

"Wait! Stay where you are Naruto!" Demanded Neji, but Naruto payed no heed to him and shouted over his shoulder, "Why? They're the ones controlling the dragon right? So, I'm going!"

"Ugh! Naruto, wait!" I chased after him and it didn't take long for me to reach him. I jumped in front of Naruto which surprised him a bit. He tried to get past me but I kept blocking his path every direction he went.

"(Y/n), let me get though!" He roughly pushed past me, but I wasn't going to let him slide through.

"Naruto! This reckless behavior of yours is what's going to get you killed!" I rebuked as I grabbed ahold of his wrist, making him stop in his tracks and whip his head in my direction. His ocean blue eyes were intensely staring into my Sharingan which were filled with worry and frustration. But looking into his eyes, I could clearly see that he was becoming a little frustrated as well and was hasty to take his leave, not caring what I had to say.

"Yeah! And you going after me like this is what's going to get you killed!"He harshly shouted before he jerked his wrist away undoing the grip I had on him.

I was taken aback by his words and the way he raised his voice at me, but I narrowed my eyes at him and sent him a glare as he turned his back on me and ran off to chase down the enemy.

"Fine!" I hollered at his retreating figure and turned on my heels to walk back towards Neji and Sakura. 'If that's how he wants to be then so be it.'

With my back turned to Naruto, I didn't see the glance he casted over his shoulder to take a look at my retreating figure. He turned away from me and averted his eyes elsewhere with a regretful expression on his face.

I made it back with my friends within a minute and seeing how my mood had drastically changed, Neji or Sakura didn't question it.

"Since Lee decided to join Naruto, those two will stay here while the three of us make our way to the Sealing shrine." Neji headed over to Shion and tapped her forehead causing her to sway for a moment and close her eyes before she became unconscious. Neji had caught her in his arms and placed her on Sakura's back.

"Let's get going. We can't fall back. I'm counting on you." He glanced at Sakura and I but his gaze remained focused on me meaning it was meant more towards me.

He's heavily relying on me and putting whatever trust he has on me in case something goes wrong.

"You can count on me. I've got your back."

Our Fateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें