You threw a fire ball at the man with a gun, before quickly motioning to Loki to go back behind the table with you. You didn't want to touch him, knowing it would hurt him, your skin too hot for anyone to safely touch.

      Loki quickly obeyed as he met you behind the table while the agents tried to put out your fire that was blocking them from getting closer to you.

      "I can't take them all with my limited power." Loki told you trying to think over a new plan. "I only had enough magic to summon that one dagger, I maybe stronger and  faster than them but even I have limits to hand to hand combat. Especially as I have only been out of prison for a week with little to no practice on hand to hand combat while I have been here."

       "I know." You panted, your face covered in sweat. You were overheating trying to keep your fire going. "Give me your wrist." You told Loki as you panted, your lungs unable to get enough oxygen as they needed to keep the fire burning.

      Loki handed you his wrist with the metal band on it that was keeping his powers locked up. You carefully placed your pointer finger on the band, careful not to touch his skin. The band melted away enough for Loki to slip his hand out.

      He looked at you with absolute shock as you released him of his confines. He didn't believe you were going to give him his full power back, he had given you no reason to trust him. But here you were, trusting him to do the right thing.

      "Keep them busy as long as you can." You told Loki, "I have back up."

Loki nodded before reaching for his power. A dagger in his right hand a bolt of green magic in his left. "This is going to be fun." Loki told you maliciously, a evil smile playing on his lips.

You let your power drop, your eyes turning back to their normal color. The flames dropping leaving nothing behind but scorch marks. Loki leaped over the table as he threw daggers and bolts of magic at the agents.

He was a good fighter, dogging the oncoming attacks gracefully before countering with his own. It was easy to tell that he had practiced in the art of war for centuries. All of his moves cold and calculated.

You slumped back, bracing your back against the couch as you tried to cool off, steading your breathing. It didn't take a lot of time for you to recover form using your power. Just a few minutes of rest before you could get up and fight again.

It was a lot like sprinting. You could do it, but it took a lot of effort. Then after your sprint all you wanted to do was lay down and never move again. But after a few minutes you could get up and be perfectly fine. Sure you may not want to sprint again right after you recover, but you could if you needed.

As you watched Loki fight it became clear that he was starting to toy with them. There were times he could have easily taken out one or more agents, but would narrowly let them go just so he could play with his magic some more. Or maybe he was showing off... it was hard to tell.

       "Retreat." One of the agents, most likely the leader of the attack, told the last of the standing agents. Most of them were on the floor, groaning in pain.

      Him, and about three other agents ran for the doors to the stairs. Or at least where the doors used to be, they weren't there due to the explosion that blew them off their hinges.

      Loki took off after them with you hot in his heals, chasing the four agents up the flights of stairs.

They ran out onto the roof before going into a dead sprint launching themselves over the edge.