Chapter 2

Hey everyone! I hope you are doing well, and staying safe in these absolutely whack times... If you are enjoying this mess of a fanfiction so far, then feel free to leave a comment suggesting what I should write next!!! I'm currently out of school right now, leaving me with plenty of time to write some one-shots and make some fan-art of our favorite ninja!!! Doesn't have to be anything specific either!!! Whatever y'all dig, I probably dig too <3 

btw sorry this chapter is kinda crap, I haven't edited it yet.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO... LET'S GO!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane's P.O.V.

"Oh COME ON!" Cole yelled, clearly upset about our current situation. I looked back at the closed door, scanning it for any alternate ways to get it open.

Cole began to walk back down the stairs into the basement. A sigh escaped his lips before he spoke, "Zane... can you-?" He asked.

I nodded, not needing the Master of Earth to finish his sentence. "I will get the falcon to tell the others where we are."

Cole smiled, eyes closed. "What would we do without that bird?" He asked.

I descended the stairs as well. "I do not know."

"You're not bad, either." Cole added as he turned to me and leaned on my shoulder as he looked around the room. 

This action was something Cole liked to do constantly. He's only eight centimeters shorter than I, so his arm always sat at an odd angle. He never had a problem with this however, so I never questioned it. For most who've met Cole, it is common knowledge that he isn't the most clingy person in the world. 

Although, we were alone. Also...

I am not most people.

"Comfortable?" I ask, turning my head to smile at the boy.

Cole returned his gaze to me as I said this, looking me in the eye. It was then that we both realized just how close in proximity we were, noses almost touching.

Both of us jumped backwards, heads turned in opposite directions. 

That was odd. I thought, an embarrassed blush on my face. 

After a couple of seconds, I heard Cole speak up. "Zane... Look at me."

This caused me to blush even more. What is happening to my face?!

Nevertheless, I stood up straight and faced my friend. "What is it?" I asked curiously.

Cole's eyebrows raised. "Huh," He said, walking closer. "Your face turned blue for a second."

I was surprised. "Oh... Well, I guess it is because I have blue fluid coursing through my body in the place of human blood. I'm surprised you never noticed."

Cole reached up to touch my face, then hesitated. "Well, I knew you had that blue stuff for blood... I've seen you get cut up. It's just weird, you know?" 

I smiled, leaning into his hand. "Weird that I am not human?" I replied.

Cole frowned, presumably worried that he had offended me. "N-No! That's not what I meant! It's just most people aren't used to seeing blue blood, or... Y'know!"

I chuckled, "Nice save." 

Cole laughed with me, removing his warm hand (which I was definitely not disappointed about).