Chapter 2: McCree Loves Ashe

ابدأ من البداية

Pharah sighed. 

Out of nowhere, Reaper materialized in front of the heroes. He had teleported to them. He looked troubled. "Pharah, get Tracer and Ashe. Everyone, meet me in the Main House. I need to tell you all something important."

Pharah nodded and headed to Tracer's room.

"And what could that be, Reaper?" Junkrat asked. "That you love Genji?"

Reaper cringed, his face turned bright red. "Wha...no! Of course not!"

"Ah come on," Junkrat pestered. "I think everyone here knows what you two did yesterday in your room."

Reaper sighed deeply. "Alright then, I just won't tell you the exciting news."

Junkrat kneeled down and clasped his hands together jokingly. "Oh please, please. Tell me the news! I'm so sorry, Reaper."

Reaper looked down at Junkrat and smiled, which was a rare occurrence, and said, "Okay, fine. I forgive you."

"Oh thank you, Reaper. Thank you!" Junkrat stayed on the ground for a moment longer then stood up. "Everyone, come to the Main House. Reaper had some exciting news to tell us!"

Trying hard not to laugh, all the heroes followed Reaper to the Main House.

Genji was already waiting at the table, along with Tracer, Ashe, Soldier: 76, Reinhardt, and Winston, who was eating a banana. Reaper sat on his chair, the rest of the heroes did the same, and they started the meeting.

"Overwatch," Winston said boldly.

Reaper's gaze withered to Winston. He looked confused. "What?"

Winston looked down, ashamed. "Nothing. Inside joke." He took a sad bite of his banana.

Reaper paused, sighed, then said, "Okay, attendance." Reaper looked at a list on the table. "Ana?"

"Here," Ana replied. 

"Ashe?"

Ashe acknowledged Reaper with a grunt. She must still be angry, he thought.

"Bastion?" 

"Beep-boop," Basion replied.

Reaper continued to take attendance until he called out each name. When he was sure everyone was here, he started the meeting. 

Reaper stood up and eyed each hero, his expression serious. "I have an important announcement to make, and it may change the lives of each and every one us forever."

"And what could that be, Reaper?" Widowmaker looked nervous.

Reaper paused. "There is going to be a new hero coming to Overwatch."

Gasps filled the room, Tracer being the loudest. "Are you serious?" She asked.

Reaper nodded. "When am I not serious?" He asked sarcastically.

"That is true," Tracer agreed.

"A new hero," Symmetra said, her voice sounding light and thoughtful. "A new hero."

D.Va flipped her auburn hair. "They better not be better at video games than me."

"What's their name?" Sombra asked, interest glowing in her purple eyes. 

"Male or female?" Zarya added.

"Her name is Echo," Reaper replied. "She's an attack hero."

D.Va's eyes glowed with engrossment. "Does she play Six Bit Shooter?"

"What?" Reaper barked, his voice husky. "I don't know!" 

"Does she like Doritos?" D.Va asked, mouth-watering.

Reaper was ominously silent. "D.Va..."

"What?" D.Va asked innocently, looking genuinely confused. "Okay then. Does she like Mountain Dew? I love Mountain Dew. It tastes so goo-"

Reaper clenched his fists. "Shutup, D.Va. Sure, Mountain Dew tastes good, but is it really worth it?"

"Si," Sombra replied. "Definitely."

Reaper shuddered. "Too much sugar."

"But that's what makes it so good!" Sombra pointed out. 

"Yeah!" D.Va agreed.

Reaper sighed. "You won't be saying that when you're on the ground having a heart attack." Reaper grumbled something that was inaudible, then said, "Okay, now that we have that news out of the way, I will assign chores for today."

D.Va groaned. "Oh, please don't make us do chores, Reaper. Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

Reaper breathed deeply. "You'll get extra chores if you don't shut your mouth you little shi...!" Reaper stopped himself and blushed. "Sorry. Umm...no chores for today, I guess."

"Yay!" D.Va and Sombra cheered in unison. 

"This meeting is over." Reaper was still blushing as he dismissed the heroes.

All the heroes left the Main House except Soldier. He looked at Reaper with narrowed eyes.

"That was unprofessional of you," he said.

"What was?" Reaper asked, even though he knew full well what Soldier was talking about.

Soldier paused. "Reaper, you need to control your temper. I know D.Va is more annoying than a tick in the summer, but she is a person, too. She has feelings."

Reaper took this information in for a moment, then sighed sadly. "I'm sorry, Soldier, I just can't control myself."

Soldier looked awkward, so he changed the subject. "So this new hero...why didn't you tell me about this before?"

"Huh?" 

"I mean..." Soldier fiddled with a pen that was lying on the table. "We go way back. You usually tell me stuff way before you tell the others."

There was an awkward silence, then Reaper said, "I-it just never occurred to me to tell you, to be honest."

Soldier looked almost offended. "Well, okay, that's fine. But next time, tell me when something important happens. Please." He looked at Reaper pleadingly.

Reaper shook Soldier's hand. "Of course."