Chapter Twelve

Destiny was heading to the front of the school to be picked up when Harrison came up to her.
"Hey," he said. "Wanna come over tomorrow? Me and some other people will be there."
"S-s-sure!" she said, nervous. EEEK!
"And hey, bring that emo friend of yours."
"Ok."
"See you tomorrow!"
Just as he left, Maddie came up beside her.
"GUESS WHAT? HARRISON ASKED US TO COME OVER TOMORROW!"
Maddie squealed with delight.

When they arrived, LeAnn, Lucy's BFF #1 (aka minion, as Destiny liked to call them) opened the door.
"Oh, it's you." she said, ushering them in.
Once inside, the girls saw that Harrison and the rest of the Forest Falls High football team were watching something on TV. The few girls who came were chatting while trying to snuggle up with the guys. Celia, Minion #2, especially. Celia's mom was Japanese and her dad was American. Celia's real name was some weird, hard to pronounce Japanese name, but when translate it was Celia, so she went by that.
"Hey, glad you came." Harrison said as the girls sat down. He was drinking a glass bottle of Coke (so classy).
He slurped down the last drops, then waved the bottle in the air.
"WHO WANTS TO PLAY A GAME?" he shouted.
Uh oh, Destiny thought, NOT SPIN THE BOTTLE!
When she was in seventh grade, at her old school, Destiny was forced to play a game of Spin the Bottle at Miranda Hugh's boy/girl birthday party. The boy it landed on was Patrick, a total klutz. Destiny was too nervous, so she begged her friends to give her something else to do. They gave in and made her do the chicken dance while they taped it, then post it on Facebook.
She did it.
As everyone sat in a circle, she kept wondering if she could take a dare instead. No, she thought, I'm too old for that. Be brave!
The doorbell rang.
"Who could that be?" Lucy went to open it.