Chapter Eight

The whole school stood outside, siren noises becoming louder and louder, while everyone gossiped about why the eleventh grade science classroom caught on fire.
"I heard that someone did it on purpose." Lara Bronx, older sister of Maddie, said to her best friend Chantel Valentine.
"Really?" Chantel replied, stroking her hot pink hair that was braided into a crown.
"Really."
Harrison knew this wasn't true. It was the powers, he thought, Charmaine's powers got out of control.
"Dude, isn't this awesome?" Beck Garrison asked him, while sticking an unlit cigarette into his mouth.
"I dunno." Harrison replied. He was worried about Charmaine and the other J.C.D kids.
"Oh, boo!" Lucy pushed her way through the crowd to Harrison. "Isn't it tragic?"
"Stop being dramatic! It was one room." he said.
"But I'm scared..."
"Oh fine, come here..."
He hugged his girlfriend.
"There, better?" he asked.
"Yeah." She ran off to join Celia Bates and JoAnn Reid.
"Hiii Harrison!" Destiny came over with Maddie.
"Hi." he said. Destiny was nice, and would definitely be his crush if she lost the glasses.
"Sooo do you think Charmaine did it?"
"Did what?"
"THE FIRE!" Maddie shouted.
"I know she did it."
"How?" Destiny asked.
"Because I could see through the walls, even though I was five classes away."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
He saw, in the distance, Charmaine was being hauled away by Principal Burns.