01: Stuck in the boundary.

Trigger warning: Abuse.
MIRA

Authors note:
Please follow my Facebook group "Mira Harlson book." link on my profile. This will help you get more updates.

Have you ever felt betrayal so painfully, you are convinced you could be used to describe the word? That was how I felt, frozen on the bed, shocked and terrified. I had been deep asleep, far in the profoundness of another world that I barely noticed something was amiss, I opened my eyes to meet the scariest and most disgusting scene I had ever witnessed.

What was he doing?!, my heart thundered.

Ken moved his soft palms slowly from my knee to my thighs. His touch repulsed me. My heart skipped a beat, before stopping entirely. My terror was visible on my face which he couldn't see in the dark room. Quickly, I moved to take action, I turned my head to the side and slapped his hand away. Probably shocked that I was conscious, he stopped and moved away.

No words were exchanged, no apologies given, I didn't want any. What I needed was to return to my dreams, I also hoped to get amnesia the next day for the sake of everyone, including myself. I may be twelve but I knew these things, I had heard about them from my classmates who had already started doing sexual acts, which I knew no twelve-year-old should do. My mum had also started preaching the gospel of getting married as a virgin to me, typical African mother style. I mentally locked up, knowing that if this came out, it would be bad.

I just hope he stays away from me forever.

With my eyes slightly open, I watched him go back to his mattress on the rug. I remained still, unbothered, but my fear was palpable. I was painfully aware of his presence, the abomination of his actions and the possibility of him repeating them.

After a while, sleep came again, but this time I fought it, dangling on the boundary between sleep and consciousness. I had almost crossed the line, slowly drifting to yet another fairytale land when Ken climbed the bed again. His presence heightened my apprehension and my heart started beating loudly. I knew I was in trouble.

He thought my stillness was a sign that I was asleep, or a sign that I consented to whatever he was doing, unaware that I was paralyzed by a flood of emotions. I felt, Terror. Anger. Rage. Confusion. Betrayal. Disgust. And above all, Hate.

His weight deepened the right side of the bed, still my eyes remained tightly shut. I could hear the unsteady rhyme of my heart beating loudly in my ears.

He touched my cheek and I recoiled. My hands which I had hidden under the soft pillow got really sweaty. My stomach churned as I pressed myself deeper into the bed. I was sick to my bones, disbelieving what I was seeing and feeling. It felt like I was going to throw up anytime. Uncomfortable, I turned so I was now resting on my back but I was exposed to him now— my tiny breast, my stomach, my lips. I turned back and lied on my belly. He still didn't leave even after seeing how restless I became, instead he climbed on top of me. I didn't move, I thought if I laid dead, he would go away just like I wished all my problems would go away.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Then and now.

I suddenly felt something hard touch my back then reality hit me. I flared up. I didn't know where the courage came from, but I was so damn angry! Disappointment couldn't adequately describe my feelings anymore.

Ken broke my trust. He betrayed me. I hated him.

"Get off me!" I shouted, turning around to face him. This was when I felt something hard in between my thighs. I recoiled in fear.

"Just a little touch, it won't hurt much I promise." He begged. "Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?" He moaned against my neck. "You are so beautiful." Irritation at his words overwhelmed me, I cringed. "Just let me have a taste of you."