Chapter 10 : Double Date

Tilly and I checked ourselves one more time in the mirror. We were getting ready for our double date.
I was wearing skinny white jeans with a baby blue sweater and a white scarf. My hair was in two buns on the top of my head. Dutch braids ran into them from the front and back.
Tilly was wearing skinny black jeans with a light rose pink sweater. Her jet black hair was cut short in a bob, so she twisted the sides into bobby pins and left the rest down.
We faced each other. I gave her the thumbs up, "I think we're ready."
"Wait," said Tilly, "What about shoes?" she points to our feet.
"Oh, yes," I say and pull out a pair of gray ballet flats for TIlly. It's a good thing we have the same size feet.
Then I pull out brown ankle boots for myself. I slip them on and then zip up the backs.
We face each other again. This time Tilly says, "Perfect," so we open my door and begin walking downstairs.
Just as we reach the bottom, the doorbell rings. "Oh, they're here!" Tilly cries.
We both ran to the door only to find that Mally had already opened it.
"So, Mally Lally, how've you been?" I hear Josh ask her.
"Good. Laura and Tilly are still upstairs making themselves pretty."
"Mally? We're right here!" I cry, "And we were not 'making ourselves pretty!'"
Josh smirks, "Hey cupcake. It sure looks like you were making yourself pretty. Cuz you are smoking hot."
I blush, "You're not so bad looking yourself, frosting."
TIlly and Joe hug, while Josh takes my hand. Tilly laughs, "You guys are so cheesy. Cupcake and frosting? That's so cute."
"Well, Joe calls you babe and you call him hotness," I say, raising my eyebrows at her, "So which is better?"
Mally pipes in, "I like how Laura and Josh call each other cupcake and frosting better."
We all laugh, "Pipe down pipsqueak," Joe tells her.
****
    In Joe's car, Tilly sat up front and Josh and I sat in the back. We drove to Taco John's. We walked in and TIlly and I told the boys what we wanted to eat. Then while they ordered and paid, Tilly and I found a table.
As we sat there, waiting for them, a group of boys across the room started staring at us. Tilly and I tried our hardest to ignore them.
Luckily, Joe and Josh came soon. And they had noticed the other boys.
Joe put his arm around Tilly, "Hey babe."
She smiled at him, "Hey hotness."
Josh slipped his hand into mine, "I love you, cupcake."
I rest my head on his shoulder, "I love you too, frosting."
The boys across the room left soon after that.
****
    When we got to my house, Josh walked me to my door.
Before I went in, he leaned over and kissed my cheek, "Good night, Laur, I love you."
I run my hand down his jaw, "Night, Joshy, I love you too."
He grins at me and runs back to the car. Before he climbs in, he turns and waves to me. I wave back and then watch them drive away.
Once they turn the corner, I turn around to go in. Before I open the door, I see a face in the upstairs window next door. It's Noah. By the way he's glaring, I know he saw the whole thing. Too bad for him, he missed out. I open the door and go in.
When I get to my room, I fall into my bed, "I think I'm in love.