Chapter Twenty

*double update. enjoy :)*

*Calums POV*

I jolted awake, sitting straight up in bed, panting at the bad dream I had. I got up, throwing off the covers that were sticking to my body. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and got a glass of water. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around, causing the glass to drop on the ground and shatter. I looked up and made eye contact with Brooke, my eyes widened as I went to run over the glass to get over her.

What was going on?

"Cal, baby, don't move. There's glass and we gotta clean it up okay?" I stared at her as she cleaned up the glass with a dust pan. She took out a piece of bread and started to dab the floor. She noticed I was staring at her and she giggled. "It picks up any pieces I missed." She stood up and threw away the bread. I lunged forward and picked her up, hughing her waist. I started to cry and she panicked. "Baby what's wrong? Did you step on some glass?" I shook my head.

"You're okay?" I sobbed out.

"Why wouldn't I be okay Cal?" She said as she rubbed my shoulders.

"Y-you w-were dead." I sobbed. She wiggled out of my grip and stood infront of me, grabbing the sides of my face.

"Cal, I was laying right next to you. You must've had a bad dream or something." She said. I couldn't stop crying. She hopped on the counter and grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me to her. She wrapped her legs around my waist as tight as she could and I buried my head in her neck as I continued to cry. I gripped onto her bare thighs as I cried. She was okay. My baby was alright.

*Brookes POV*

I was confused as to why he was standing in the kitchen in the middle if the night. I don't know why he had this dream, but I felt bad that I didn't wake up to wake him up and comfort him. Yesterday, we went to see Harry and Ashtons at the hospital, went to dinner, then came home, cuddled and made out, then went to bed.

Cal finally calmed down and I kissed him lightly. I looked into his eyes but he looked down. "Cal, look at me." He looked up at me with his big puppy dog brown eyes that made my heart melt. "Im fine. Im sorry that I didn't wake up. Please don't cry baby. Im okay, I swear. It was just a dream, alright?" He nodded.

"I'm sorry if I overreacted. God Brookie you have no idea. You saved this little kid and you died and I kept sending you cute messages even though you were gone." I looked in his dark brown eyes. "Kiss me?"

"Cal you don't have to ask just do i-" He cut me off with his lips. He lightly sucked on my bottom lip and I went to pull away but he leaned in further. "We should probably go to bed." I whispered. He picked my up putting both of his hands on my butt to carry me. I rolled my eyes and shut out the light as we walked upstairs.

"Im sorry I didn't wake up Cal." I said on the verge of tears. Just remember that im okay. I'm right here. I won't ever leave you okay?" I nodded my head, remembering in my dream how she told me she loved me. Did she love me? We've never said we loved each other but I know that I loved her.

"Calum?" She said as I put her on the bed. I layed down on my back and she twisted herself with my and layed in my neck.

"Yeah baby?" I said as I rubbed her back lightly.

"I.. Never mind."

"Tell me." I whined.

"Calum, I.. I love you." I grinned as my stomach did flips. I felt her heart speed up through her shirt.

"Brookie I love you too."

"R-really?" She stuttered.

"Yes Brooke. I love you with all my heart." She let out a nervous laugh. "Don't be nervous baby."

"Can't help it." She whispered as she kissed me. She layed her head back in my neck and I ran my hands down her curvy body and rested them on her butt. "Really?" She laughed.

"What?" He chuckled as he squeezed my butt. "I really like these kind of underwear." He whispered as he ran his hands over the lacy material. "I also like how they dont completely cover your entire ass." He said as he ran his hands over the bottom of my butt that was bare. "Brookie. You had no clue what would happen if I actually lost you. I wouldn't be able to handle it."

"I'm not going anywhere Cal." She whispered out. Her leg jerked slightly and she made a slight noise as she snuggled in deeper to me. I pulled the blanket up over her shoulder and kissed her forehead. "I love you Brookie." I couldn't believe that she loved me back. I stared at the ceiling and took a deep breathe and remembering that Brooke was safe in my arms. I wouldn't let anything happen to her. She was my world and I couldn't lose her.

-

I know its short but its also a double update :)

SO, brooke is not dead, cal just had a dream but I didnt tell you that whoops :)

I was planning on having her die, but I realised that I was too attached to have her gone.

love you guys lots- kylee