Chapter Six

*Ashtons POV*

"It's Brooke. I just, I like her." He said quietly. He's been acting weird lately, so I brought him up to my room and made him talk to me.

"Yeah mate, we all do. It's kinda impossible not to." I laughed and he scrunched his eyebrows and looked at me.

"Not that way Ashton. I like her way more than I should. I can't keep her out of me head. Everything about her, she's just.. Perfect." I had noticed him staring at her yesterday when we went swimming. "And she has EJ, I know that. But I feel like I could find a way to treat her better than he does." I didn't know about that. Elijah treated her like a princess and he made her happy. He did everything right and I love him for that. He's probably the only boy that I would let her date. I didn't know how to tell Calum that she didn't see him the way he wanted her too.

"Cal, she has EJ and he makes her happy. Do you really wanna take that away from her?" I asked softly. I guess I hit a nerve because he jumped up onto his feet.

"I know he makes her happy! I know they're just perfect together! And I know that she will never like me that way and I should just stop! But I can't okay? I can't. I tried and it doesn't work!" I saw his eyes get watery. "You have to help me Ashton! Please tell me what to do!" I lip quivered.

"Just, try to find another girl to get your mind off of her." I shrugged. It's pretty simple wasn't it? "Just, make sure she doesn't look like Brooke." There was a knock at my door and it opened. There stood Brooke.

"Hey guys I heard yelling is everything okay? Cal are you crying? Whats wrong?" Her eyebrows furred as she came in and shut the door behind her. Calum quickly wiped his face and shrugged. She grabbed his shoulders and brought him into a hug and he wrapped his arms around her waist. I sighed. She didn't let go as she talked to him quietly,  trying to figure out what was wrong.  How was he ever gonna get over her?

-

*Brookes POV*

"Come on Cal,  tell me whats wrong." I coaxed as I rubbed his back with my fingertips. He just rested his chin on my shoulder and sighed. "Cal talk to me." Ashton got up, tore us apart, and pushed me out of the room.

"SORRY WE'RE HAVING BONDING TIME!" He yelled as he slammed the door in my face.

"Stupid bitch." I muttered as I turned around and went into Michaels room.

"Hey Cookie, wanna play some video games?" He grinned as I nodded and plopped down on his bed. He handed me a controller and a headset and put on his own as well. A couple hours later, we were still playing and all the boys ran in. Ash tackled me on the bed, pushed me so I was laying on my back.

"Hi cutie patootie." He giggled. Luke jumped beside me, pushed Ashton off, and layed ontop of me.

"Hi Lukey." I laughed as I tried to untangle my hair what was getting caught in the microphone on my headset.

"GUYS WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!" EJ screamed. "SO GET UP!" It was only about 1 in the afternoon and it was a Monday, so it wouldn't be that busy and everyone agreed. Mikey and Luke called Lux and Paige and they agreed to go as well. Michael turned off the video games and put the controllers back. I pushed Luke off of me and stood up and grabbed EJ's hand.

"Come help me get ready." I whined as I pulled his hand.

"Woah woah woah. What are you helping her get ready with." Michael questioned as he stood up.

"Michael I was kidding." I rolled my eyes as I pulled EJ into my room and shut the door. I went to my dresser - I had already put everything away from when I moved back -. "Which one should I wear?" I asked EJ. He walked over and pulled out a black strapless that had tassles hanging down the front. I took it and went to the bathroom, put it on, and a pair of short jean shorts. I was putting my hair in a pont tail and taking my makeup off when EJ came in. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly as he put his hands on my hips and rubbed little circles with his thumbs.