Chapter 14

Once they got back inside, Hannah went to find a couch to sit down on.  Scott and Sammi had chased her for most of the time that they were outside.  She was tired and you could see it.  

Sammi had quickly changed back into her clothes and given Leila a hug before running off to fix her hair so that she was ready for her mating with Riley. After the run, Sammi's whole body carried a relaxed vibe and she seemed calmer.  Leila was really happy for her friend and knew that she wouldn't have to concern herself with anything going sour for her tonight.  She and Riley loved one another and it was clear to see. They were perfect for each other.  

Leila hung out with Scott in the kitchen next to the Whiplash until Sarah showed up and Scott deserted her to go find a room with a lock on it. Leila laughed at the joke and made herself a cup of Whiplash, making sure to slowly sip the drink so that the wolfs-bane would slowly affect her instead of all at once. As she drank she looked around to see the other attendees to the party.  Many of the party goers seemed to be feeling the Whiplash as well because they were lounging or sleeping on the couch.

Leila wondered where Grayson was. She felt a little angry that he hadn't come to seek her out at the party. She thought about the almost kiss that they shared, and how he made her feel whenever he came around her.  Did he feel what she felt whenever their skin made contact?  Probably not, she thought to herself. If she was going to be honest with herself, she kind of missed having the guy around.  Since he left, there had no one to tease her. Sure, Hannah and Scott gave her a good laugh and banter but they were like a snack to tie her over until the main course Grayson came back.  She shook her head at the thoughts going through her head.

Looking down into her cup she noticed it was emptied and decided to refill it. It's not like there was anyone there to stop her. Besides, the juice made her insides tingle.  The taste was so addicting that she decided to finish the rest of what was in her cup faster than the previous cup.  

Throwing away her cup to keep herself from consuming more, Leila made her way back through the house.  There were a lot less people there than when she first arrived.  Looking at the nearest clock, realized that they all probably left because of the late hour.  It was probably time for her to leave as well.  

As Leila walked out the front door, she stopped and looked into her clutch to find her keys.  Pulling them out she began to walk to her car again.  

"Leila." A deep voice called to her from behind. 

She almost jumped two feet in the air at the voice calling her name, dropping her keys in the process.

"Shit!" Bending down she picked up her keys that had fallen into the grass. She turned around when she stood up to face the voice that called her name. "Don't scare me like that! A little warning next time, please." She scowled at him placing the keys in her purse.

Grayson chuckled at her anger, ignoring her comment. "You know, it's rude not to speak to the Alpha when you come into his home." He walked closer to her.

"I didn't see you, so I didn't speak." Leila couldn't believe his nerve.  She had been there all night, walking all over the house looking smoking hot and it is her fault that she didn't speak?  Letting her anger and the Whiplash guide her, she continued on her way to her car stopping at the driver's side door.  Grayson followed. 

"Now would be a good time." He displayed that cocky smirk of his.

Snapping her head up from trying to find her keys in her purse she smirked at him. "Hi Alpha. Thank you for the party, I had a lovely time. Are you happy now?"

He shrugged. "It's a start."

Finding her keys in her purse, Leila felt Grayson step closer to her.  "You do know that I can't let you get in the car after you have been drinking, right?"