Chapter 11

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to upload a new chapter. Life got a little hectic these last days.  I hope you enjoy. Remember to vote and comment! 

The next two weeks passed by without Leila even registering its coming and going.  Grayson and Riley left town for pack business the day before.  Some rogues decided to attack nearby packs that they had alliances with, so it was customary for the Alpha and his Beta to join their fighters in defending their packs from rogue werewolves. 

Sammi had been spending all of her free time with Riley before he left with Grayson, leaving Leila to have a lot of time to spend with herself.  She got a chance to call her mom and dad to catch up on what was happening back home.  Apparently her brother found a girlfriend that he was going to keep around for the long term.  This came as a shock to Leila, whose brother was known as the town player.  He couldn't keep a girl for longer than the amount of time it took her to climax.  Her sister was still protesting authority and joined a flower power club at school.  Leila laughed at the lives of her family members.  She wondered how her parents managed to keep their wits about them with all of the stress their kids caused them. 

Leila missed home and made a point to work out going to visit them as soon as she could get a break from work and after she could get even better understanding of how the werewolf world worked. Right now with the rogue attacks happening closer and more frequently, she couldn't take the risk of leaving and causing harm to her pack or her family. 

As she straightened up the area she was working on in the mail room, Leila took a step back to admire her work.  After three weeks of paper cuts and sweat, she had finally finished the mail room project the day before.  It was truly impressive.  Not only had she put them in alphabetical order, but she had also put them in chronological order dating back 4 years.  There wasn't a single piece of mail on the floor. Each file had a printed label that had the addressee's name with a colored dot associating it with the year it came in. There was also a filing system set up so that the mail room never ended up back like it used to be. She hadn't had a chance to show anyone except Sammi who had popped her head throughout the project seeing its progress.  

The person she really wanted to show wasn't there.  He was out of town.  Grayson had been the one to initially assign her the project, and he even had the faith in her to finish it.  Of all the people that should see her accomplishment, he was definitely top of the list.  

She hadn't been able to get him out of her head since he left her condo that night.  The fact that they had almost kissed, and that she was the one would was about to go in for the kill completely boggled her mind.  He had her under a spell whenever he was near. His scent alone could make her body feel things that she had never felt before.  

At the same time, she was having negative feelings about the fact that he took a call from some girl that wanted a hookup in the middle of their...of their, whatever their thing was.  That he was arrogant and demanding was another negative to consider.  It frustrated her to try and figure it all out.  

She decided to push thoughts of Grayson and their almost kiss to the back of her head.  Tonight, she and Sammi were going to have dinner tonight to catch up on everything that was happening in their lives.  It had been a while since they had dinner together. Sammi even spent her lunches with Riley in his office, doing God only knows what.  It wasn't that Leila was upset, she was very happy with the happiness that Sammi found in Riley.  But sometimes, she just missed her friend.  They had spent most of their lives together and now one of them was growing in a different direction.  A mated direction.  It was a little saddening but Leila knew it was for the best, which is why she was happy for her friend.  

She met Sammi at her car and they took off for the diner in town.  Ever since they came to town, they had been meaning to eat there but they hadn't had an opportunity. On the drive to Bernie's, they talked and laughed about the newest gossip at their job.  Scott from Legal was caught in a compromising position behind the water cooler with Debbie from Marketing.