05

han ji eun

"bang chan, what brings you back here?" the admin lady asked as she shifted her focus from the computer to him.

i eyed the lady seated behind the desk. she was wearing a thick pair of rectangular lenses on her nose. pink was quite a young color for her age. her obviously dyed brown hair was neatly combed back into a bun, a white blouse and black pencil skirt as her outfit - the regular admin lady dress code. her eye wrinkles could not be missed, nor the little sags pulling at her cheeks and the deep red color painted on her lips.

she was all prim and proper - like any office lady you would meet. above all of that, though, she was definitely a bang chan fan - the way her eyes shone when she spoke to him said it all.

i haven't looked closely at someone like this for a long time since it's been way too many years that i've met new people, but if someone were to see my eye them like i did earlier, they would probably be scared off. i'm not too sure if this is a good trait or not...

by now, chan had already pulled me to the front and i gave that lady a polite smile. she smiled back and damn, why doesn't she smile more? she looks prettier smiling though she isn't young anymore.
"ah, you're the transfer student from malaysia, han ji eun, am i right?" she confirmed with me and i nodded.
"she's my younger sister. where do we get her uniform, by the way?" my brother spoke, placing both his hands on my shoulder from behind me.

"i'll get the uniform for her, meanwhile just fill in this form, okay? and you should be size 's', right?" the admin stood up, handing me a few loose sheets of paper.
"yes, thank you." i replied before taking a seat in the chair to fill in the form.

as soon as i took a look at the form, my brain decided to betray me and completely blank out. the amount of hangul on the paper was.... let's just say my brain isn't the best at processing korean when it comes to reading. it's weird that i could speak and write without hesitation, but when i read? that's a complete different story - the words just happen to form slowly in my brain.

my brother obviously saw my expression and knew what i was going through, but still, he decided to laugh. what a great sibling.
"ji eun ah, anything wrong?" he asked, sustaining his laughter.
"shut up." i shot him a glare before he eventually burst out laughing.

"what's going on?" chan questioned, confused.
"she can't read korean." jisung filled him in.
"yah! i can read it!" i hit his arm repeatedly, but he just kept laughing, slipping out "ow!" every now and then.
"okay, stop! stop hitting me!" he clutched his crimson blushed arm, protecting it.

chan still didn't get it, standing there with a dumbfounded expression.
"what i meant was that i can read korean but it just takes longer because my brain processes the words slowly? yeah." i explained.
"mhm, but she writes really fast in korean though. isn't it weird?" jisung commented, earning another smack from me.

"here's your uniform! you can go try it out first and fill in the form after, or have your brother fill in what he can in the mean time." the admin lady emerges from the back right side of the office with a neatly folded set of uniform.
"thank you! and don't you dare spell my english name wrongly." i directed the last sentence to my brother with narrowed eyes before heading towards the changing room.

the uniform consisted of a long sleeved, white button up shirt, a navy blue pleated skirt, a light blue zipper tie and a navy blue blazer with two pockets - golden threads sewn cautiously to outline the lapel and the opening of the pockets. the school's logo was a pin, and it was proudly displayed on the left lapel of the blazer.

once i was done adjusting the uniform, i exited the changing room with my clothes in hand.
"you look good in it!" the admin lady smiled at me, to which i returned with a thank you.

"now fill in the rest of the form." my brother quickly urged me, sitting me down on the chair and taking his hoodie away from me.

"Here, fill in the rest of your form," my brother stood up and sat me down on the chair, meanwhile taking his hoodie away from me.

i scanned the papers for error and do far, jisung has filled everything correctly except for my english name. i swear, if i didn't know him, i would've thought he was doing this on purpose.
"it's g-w-e-n, not g-w-e-a-n." i spelled it out for him, causing a stifle of laughter to elicit from his mouth as well as from chan.

"oops, sorry." jisung grinned sheepishly while i sighed playfully, returning to filling in the rest of the blanks. i gave it to the lady and she exchanged with me my locker keys.
"thank you, you're free to go now. welcome to the school, by the way." admin lady nodded at me and we all went out of the office.

"where's jeongin?" i looked around in search of a familiar fennec fox look-alike.
"don't know but probably with his friends." jisung shrugged.
"he's probably playing somewhere again, so just bring your sister to class, sung. also, don't cause trouble, i'll pick you up later. bye! have fun at school and study hard!" chan waved and ran off, leaving the two of us.

"so.... let's go." my brother lead the way.

hope everyone's is doing well!! i'm so sorry i haven't been updating. i'm having my finals soon but i'll try to update as much as i can! have a great day!! <3