01

han ji eun

deafening cheers resonated throughout tsun jin high school as han ji eun wielded the ball in her hands, dribbling it on and off the floorboards of the basketball court. the state basketball tournament was held in her home ground and they were cheering on her - her friends, teachers, coach, students. she swiftly turned away from her opponent and made her shot for the hoop.

blaring screams took place as the ball went into the hoop. right after, the shrill whistle sounded, indicating the end of the match. after the break would be their last match.

"aye, great shot!" cui en, one of ji eun's team mates, threw her a plastic bottle.
"thanks!" ji eun smiled and gulped down the contents of the bottle before sitting down on the benches.
"as expected of our basketball goddess!" kirsten, one of ji eun's best friend complimented, earning a pleasant laugh from ji eun.

han ji eun, the best basketball player in the girl's team of tsun jin high school. she was one of those multi-talented people, just like her brother, han jisung - an all rounder in the entertainment industry. she currently lives in malaysia with her parents while her brother pursues his idol career and forgets his lyrics on stage in south korea. their parents were always on the move because of their work and ji eun has to settle down one place after another, which in her perspective, was a little too much. she could make lots of friends quickly but she didn't keep a lot due to her constant moving.

"our scores are tight." ji eun looked at the scoreboards. it was tsun jin 76 to yu hua 74.
"don't worry. we'll win this match and compete in the nationals like we always do." mei yin, the girl's basketball team captain reassured ji eun. they were the strongest team in KL and now with ji eun, they were even more powerful.

the whistle sounded and the players from both schools walked into the basketball court. they were given a minute or so to do their usual planning before starting the match. ji eun and her team mates huddled together and placed their hands on top of one another's in the middle.
"let's go, tsun jin, let's go!" the girls let out a loud cheer as they lifted their hands before they went into position.

beep!

the ball flew up and the show began. the fiery fight took place, the ball switching every now and then from one sweaty palm to another. it was only in the last minute that immense tension was brought into the game. the scores were tsun jin 98 to yu hua 98.

"ji eun!" cui en passed the ball towards her. there were 10 seconds left. whether or not they'll get into the nationals was on ji eun. with that being said, ji eun unleashed her inner beast and flew past all the other players to the other side of the court and bounced the ball against the floor once before shooting.

silence took over the basketball court as they watched the ball make its way towards the hoop, anticipation and panic ridding their hearts. the ball landed on the ring and swirled a few times before entering the ring of the hoop, indicating victory for tsun jin high school just before the whistle was blown.

"YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" ji eun's team mates gathered around her, screaming their throats out in joy of victory. once they received their award, they went out to celebrate their victory in one of those fancy chinese restaurants in town.

"cheers!" they clinked their glasses together and downed their fruit juices.
"ji eun was so good with that last shot! plus, thanks for the carry!"
"cui en was so great at passing!"
"did you see the coach's face when xing zi almost lost the ball?"
"thanks for the two other shots, xiao xuen!"
"love you, our team captain, mei yin!"

amidst the joyful occasion and chattering, the constant buzzing in ji eun's pocket could be felt. she took out her phone and looked at who it was that called her.
"sorry guys, i have to attend to this call. will be right back!" ji eun excused herself and picked up the call outside.

"hi, mom." ji eun greeted.
"hi, ji eun, my lovely daughter. we have an urgent business to deal with in italy, so your father and i left for italy already. truth to be told, we're already there and i'm calling to tell you that since we don't feel safe about leaving you in malaysia by yourself, you're going back to korea tomorrow. your flight is at 6.00pm by the way." mrs han informed her daughter.

"mom, what? wait, you can't just do this to me. i wasn't even ready, what?" ji eun blabbered in disbelief, speechless.
"oh, you'll be living with your brother. so his manager will come pick you up from the airport and don't worry about school because i've already informed the principal. also, we've arranged everything in korea upon your arrival so have fun sweetie! safe flight and congrats on your victory today. love you, mwah!" mrs han told her quickly. ji eun was sure that it was from their mother that jisung was extremely talented in rapping.

"mom, but-" ji eun tried to reason but her mother had already cut her off by ending the call.
"great! i just got abandoned by my very lovely parents again. did i sign up for this? NO." ji eun complained and sighed before going back into the restaurant.

"hey, ji eun! what took you so long?" cui en asked.
"guys, i have something to tell you all..." ji eun let out a deep breath, her voice trailing off. all eyes were on her while pin drop silence engulfed their table particularly.

"i'm going back to korea."

honestly, should i go back to first person writing or third person narrative with some parts of first person?