04

hwang hyunjin

i was so engrossed in the drama i didn't notice jiyeun gell a sleep until i felt her head land on my shoulder with a thud. she resembled jisung a lot, that cute squirrel face that no one could imitate, yet she was pretty at the same time.

i switched my focus back to the large screen in front of me and continued to watch the drama, sleep hitting me not long after as well.

💤

"hyung, should we wake them up?" i heard jeongin's voice.
"but they look so peaceful sleeping like that." felix awed.
"yeah, try waking them up without getting hit." jisung stated.
"what's the deal?" jeongin stepped up for the challenge.
"i'll clean the dorm for a whole week?" jisung shrugged.
"it's a deal then!" jeongin sounded confident.

i smirked and opened my eyes, yawning.
"what's the fun?" i asked, stretching with a puzzled face.
"aish, you just ruined my chance of not cleaning the dorm for a whole week." jeongin glared playfully, slightly disappointed.
"oh, how so?" i questioned.
"waking you and ji Eun up." jeongin sulked.
"without him getting hit by either of you." jisung added, laughter erupting the whole dorm. i stood up and went to wash up and change. after all, we still have to attend school.

han ji eun

i heard loud voices in my room. why is there even people in my room? my friends don't usually come over at nig- oh, i'm in south korea.... right.

but i don't think so many people would gather in our room, right?

i opened my eyes tiredly, blinking about when i felt with eyes on me. i looked up to see jeongin, felix seungmin, and my brother staring at me intently.
"what are y'all trying to do? hypnotise me with your eyes?" i asked, eyeing the four of them weirdly.
"it was your brother's idea. he said you would wake up if with burned holes at you with our eyes." jeongin immediately exposed jisung, who has not the slightest bit of guilt on his face.

"come on, we'll have to go soon! we have school!" felix dragged me out of my sofa and walked me - more like pushing me- to my room. so, what am i supposed to wear??? they'll give me a uniform at school, right?

i slipped into a pair of light wash denim jeans and tucked in a black shirt, tying my hair back into a ponytail, fixing my bangs. i put my pencil box, power bank and some tissues into my empty bag before trodding down the stairs, sitting on the couch with my phone.

"kids, we're going to leave sharp at 7.45am and no, hyunjin, i do not care if you can't find your tie. god damn it, i literally ironed all of your ties and placed them on the ironing board." chan yelled.

it was funny to see the  pacing around, hurrying to either dress, fidn their bags, or finish their breakfast. what a mess.

"since it's your first day of school, i'll be bringing you to go register. also, you don't have any difficulties speaking the korean language, do you?" he asked me.
"nope." i shook my head a little. my mom would disown me if i wasn't able to speak korean.
"if she can't, our mom probably wouldn't let her live. besides, she can speak a number of languages." jisung proclaimed as he jumped down the stairs in his uniform and bag.

the perfect representation of a squirrel flying down a tree.

"really? that's cool!" minho's eyes lit up.
"i guess... give me a minute." i ran up to our room and fumbled through my brother's closet, grabbing his white hoodie before i made my way to the living room again.
"lmao, you did not just take my hoodie." my brother threw me a suspicious look.
"hannie, you can use my hoodie if you want." minho looked up from his phone.

my brother just nodded and dashed upstairs, coming back with a black hoodie. wow, he must like minho's hoodie a lot.
we quickly went up to the car. it's funny how it wasn't their manager who drove them to school but chan and minho.

"jisung, accompany ji eun and i to register once we reached. jeongin can come along since they're probably going to be in the same class." chan said and we nodded.

we reached quickly, chan parking in one of the parking space that was probably reserved for a teacher.
"do you still go to school?" i asked chan our if curiosity. there was a possibility that he might still be going to school.
"nah, i just drive the kids to school with minho and then we go back to the company to practice or work on something." chan replied, getting out of the car.

chan and my brother brought me to the admin office to register, eyes and hundreds of eyes magnetised towards our direction as we walked down the hallways, whispers intensifying. ah, they must be popular, that's goo- wiat, that's not good for me. now, if any of them come up to me with some sort of threat or bullshit, i will not hesitate to smack them.

"ew, who is she?"
"why is she standing between chan oppa and jisungie?"
"she's that type of bitch, duh!"
"chan oppa came back!!"
"can y'all shut up?"
"she's obviously a sasaeng. can't you see how uncomfortable they look? poor chan and jisung."

the last comment sent me, and i threw an amused smile at the girl who commented that, shock spreading throughout her face when we locked eyes.
"yeah, i'm totally a sasaeng, that's why i'm walking with them. at least make it make sense. maybe if your brother was an idol, you could walk with them." i shot her a pitiful smile.

"oh, so she's jisung's sister."
"isn't she that girl who plays basketball?"
"she kinda looks familiar though."
"duh, because she looks like jisung."
"no, i meant something else."

we left the crowd and turned down to the admin office.

"bang chan, what are you doing here?"

fourth chapter edited. i'm sorry for taking so long hehe, but how have y'all been?