22| Chamber music

Começar do início

"That's it boys, I'm going to bed," he announced, rubbing his eyes.

It had been a very long day.

After saying goodbye, the three men respectively headed up to their rooms. Yoongi wanted to wait for Victoria to come back before going to bed. He took a shower, letting the hot pressure on his shoulders clear his mind and his body, then put on some shorts on top of his briefs and climbed into bed. The pianist opened the novel he had brought with him and started to read, but the page soon blurred in front of his exhausted eyes and he quickly fell asleep, the open book on his chest and the lights still on.

He was woken up an hour later by loud aggressive bangs on his door.

"Open up, just... please let me explain!" the voice cried, feeling so desperate and vain that Yoongi ran to the door, opening it wide and wondering if someone was injured.

He wasn't ready to see Jungkook, still in his undersized black suit, completely devastated. His eyes were red and puffy, lips quivering and tears rolling down his cheeks. He looked heartbroken, melancholy so deep and dire that Yoongi pitied him deeply in that moment.

"Kid, are you okay?"

Jungkook's gaze shifted, changing from sadness to confusion, to embarrassment.

"So – sorry, wrong door..."

Yoongi, astonished by the situation, just glared at the boy in disbelief

"Victoria is next door, man."

Jungkook didn't say anything else. He breathed out deeply, letting out something like a sob, and turned his heels around, leaving without any further explanation.

Yoongi frowned, wondering what had happened. He closed the door, then headed towards Victoria's room, knocking, mild worry pumping in his veins. Clearly the talking hadn't gone well.

"Victoria?" he called.

When there was no answer he just decided to open, walking in her bedroom.

"Hey, your friend was just crying at my door! What did you say to him? The poor guy..."

But then he saw that Victoria was on her bed, curled up with her knees against her chest and that she was crying as well, and all the blood left his face.

"What did this fucker do to you?" he groaned, leaping towards her.

She tried to hide her face, sobs louder than before.

"Please, just go – I don't want you to see me like this," she wept, tightening her arms around her body.

"What happened?" he asked softly, sitting on the bed at her side to rub her back.

"I – It's my fault," she stuttered, wiping her tears with her hand, "I don't want to talk about it..."

She looked perfectly miserable with her inflamed doe eyes and nose all red, and Yoongi's heart sank in his chest.

"How can I make it better?" he asked, somber.

The girl stood up, hiding her face in her hands.

"Thanks... but you can't do anything about it. I'm going to take a shower. You should go to bed."

Yoongi observed her with a sad scowl as she walked in the bathroom, locking the door behind her. He stayed on her bed for a minute, but then got up, going back in his own bedroom to close all the lights.

When he was sad, he needed space, and he knew that harassing her wouldn't help at all, even if he was quite curious about the reason for such a surge of emotion from both Victoria and her friend. He couldn't possibly imagine what kind of conversation they had to end up both in tears but decided that he wouldn't say a word about it. Victoria would come to him when she would be ready to, and if she didn't want to talk about it at all, that was fine with him as well.