A month has passed since I started training here. Everything was so exiting and new, the way people treated me was so refreshing, it was wonderfull. Also I later found out that the girl I had met in the library was the young princess, my cute little cousin. Sadly I only had met one other time, but as our training had ended today sooner than usually I decided to go to the library. I knew the chance that she is there is slim, but I really wanted to see her. I always wanted a younger sibling and she was something like a little sister for me. Slowly I opened the door, halting in my steps as I really saw her there sitting in a chair frowning over the book I had showed her. With a small smile I made my way over to her "You know if you keep frowning, you will get wrinkels." Once again I cought her by surprise causing her to shriek. Chuckeling I saw her pout "Sorry. What were you frowning about? If I might ask, my Lady." Immediatly she looked up at me with sad eyes "Oh no, you found out that I am the princess." Confused I asked "What is so bad about me knowing who you are, my Lady?" Pouting she mumbled "I wanted you to be my friend and call me Lydia." Finally I understood, she must be like me only seen as the princess, for a moment sad memories came to my mind, then a smile spread on my lips "I am a simple knight so I have to show you respect, but how about this? I will be your friend and when we are alone I will call you Lydia. How do you like that idea?" Her eyes brightened and a heartwarming smile apeared as she answerd "That would be wonderfull!" Smiling I patted her head and then said "Now tell me, what was troubling you when I came in?" Her eyes shifted onto the book, then she looked me in the eyes "Your fairy tale. I find it so sad. How can it be your favourite, when the ending is so terrible?" I chose my words careful to make it easier to understand "Actually I like this end, because the girl struggles through all the pain and even though she dies, she is happy. If she could chose between living a long live unloved or dieing after finding her love, she would still chose the same. She doesn't regret how she lived and for me that is what truely matters in the end." A very concentrated look played over her childish features as she considered my words and after a while she said "I am not sure, but I believe I understand what you mean." I smiled "Then you are clever, for most people do not, but lets talk about something else. How was your week so far?" We spent another hour chating, then we sadly had to part.

Time passed by, I became one of the headguards, recognised and honored by the people. It was great and I loved my job, but I missed the time when I would meet up with the young princess, Lydia. I still remember the small girl, but with increasing title I had less and less time to meet her in the library. Now I would only meet her by chance and never alone, but although we did not meet directly anymore I would still keep a watchfull eye on her. She had grown into a pretty Lady and his highness had chosen a prince as her fiancée. I cant even explain how much I hate that man. But as a normal headguard I cant simply fight him. So I made a decision should I hear of him treating her worse than talking to her the way I noticed he did, I will challenge him even if I have to give up my new life by using my true name!

It was a quiet afternoon, after training the soldiers and examining the armory, I now was on his way to check on the guards, making sure they did their job. Only meters from one of the doors leading into the yard I looked out of the window. My heart stoped for a moment as I saw the dragon near Lydias balcony. Cursing I burst through the door, shouting orders to the soldiers and alarming the rest of the guards. I send a group of soldiers into the tower, another to notify the king, the rest of us began to armor themselves with bows. After retrieving my own bow and some arrows I saw the dragon carrying Lydia. Around me soldiers began firing arrows, but I couldnt, what if I hit Lydia and if we shoot the dragon from the sky, wouldn't she die from the fall? Shocked, frightened and enraged I had to watch the dragon take the girl I thought of as a younger sister.

Later that day I had to report what happened to the king, the queen and Lydias fiancée. Immediatly a meeting was being held and for the first time ever I agreed with the prince, we had to go and bring her back! After a terrible night full of nightmares, the next day came and soldiers eighter volunteered or where selected until there were about twenty men. I too, naturally, volunteered to go rescue Lydia, our princess, my little cousin. If I could I would have immediately started onto the journey, but in the end it took until late afternoon to gather and load all the weapons and supplies. The sky already darkened as we left the city, lead by the one and only prince John, we soon had to make camp, as he was completely disoriented in the dark, but wouldn't allow anyone else to take charge. I actually thought about waiting till he sleeps and then take the others and leave him there. Sadly I would later have to take responsibility for something like that, so instead I explored the region before us a bit and trained to clear my mind while most of the others slept. When the moon stood highest I finally laid down exhausted and slept. The next morning soon came, we walked until the early noon, then we took a break for the horses to recover and for us to eat lunch. We only stopped once again when it became too dark. Finally on the following day we passed the border of the kingdom, now with uncertain territory ahead we had to slow down a bit, we still were lead by that arrogant prince. He wouldn't even help with searching for firewood or cooking and while eating dinner he would retreat into his big fancy tent. I was crazy with worry, but had to suppress it for the other soldiers would take it as fear of the dragon, they couldnt think their strongest fighter was sacred or some would flee. Another night passed with bearly any sleep. After sometime they entered a forest. If nothing happens soon I knew I would go crazy, the only two things keeping me sane were hope and a young guard I had started to train a year ago, in the evening he always would come and talk with me for a while.