Chapter 4

We were all briefed today was the day we had an incoming crowd of high ranking families due to a gathering. We all had expensive uniforms today, all of us matching. The preparation was intense for all of us, but we all did it. I almost forgot that it was my birthday. I hadn't told anyone when my birthday was because there isn't a point. I still have to work all day every day. I don't expect special treatment; I don't expect anything in life. When my mom passed, that was it for me. Nothing in life is enjoyable anymore, not even my birthday. 

"Freak," The evil man spit out at me with a pleased smile. "Everyone is going to gawk at you, you look disgusting." He disappeared after that. He's been making comments all morning similar to that, then leaving. It's as if he's a show off with nothing to show for. 

"Thea," Miss Katherine sighed and leaned against the counter. "It's going to be a rough three days." I nodded and leaned against the counter with her. "It's been three hours since they've all been here and it's as though nothing's good enough or quick enough." 

"Miss Katherine," Fiona sighed and rubbed her back. "You're the best cook ever, and you're a hard worker. Don't let anyone tell you anything different." Miss Katherine patter Fiona's cheek before standing up and getting back to cooking. Another hour passed and I decided to help the others and bring out drinks. It was a terrible idea on my part. When I entered the room, I immediately felt out of place. Men and women all over the place, scents and noises bombarded me, and the looks didn't help. I was bringing the drinks to the King and Queen. When I appeared in front of them, they both smiled at me.

"Did you pour these?" I nodded at them because I opened a fresh bottle of wine that wasn't tampered with. I tried some too, making sure it wasn't tampered with and covered up. "Thank you, Thea." They both said quietly.

"You know the servant's name?" A man asked in shock. "Surely, you don't see servants as anything other than beneath you." 

"She has proved her worth many times over," The King spoke with a hidden tone. I bowed and went to leave when I looked to see the evil man harassing William. When I watched the evil man force William to drop the tray of glasses, I felt my body heat up. Attention was drawn to them, and then the evil man made a mockery of William publicly. I got livid when I heard some of these alpha a**es laugh in response, encouraging the behavior. Ignoring the looks, I went and helped clean the glasses up. Fiona and Casper gave William looks of sympathy. When I saw the evil man make an advance, I knew it was going to be worse.

"You're nothing but a f*** up, useless omega's." William looked close to tears. I felt my body tremble. "Make yourself scarce, you f**got." I stood up immediately at his protest. Anger finally taking over, my body shook as if I were freezing, but my face burned with anger and disgust towards this thing in front of me. My mind was blank; the only thing that rang in my head was pure rage. I pushed William behind me, inserting myself into the conversation forcefully. This thing looked at me in curiosity. "Oh, you didn't like that?" He acted fakely. The entire time disgusting alpha families laughing at this. I shook my head at him and took a breath. I turned and lead an in tears, William, to the door when this guy opened his mouth. "He's a f**got, nothing you can do about it. It's disgusting, his existence is unnecessary." I turned around, other servants attempting to stop me.