Chapter 3

I watched as the surrounding forest got increasingly dark. My position was solid and safe. I could hear the sound of running underneath me. The sound of snarling or growling. The sound of whining and fighting. I held my position and did my best to wait it out. I didn't move from my position for sixteen hours. I was awake until the next morning around ten. I dropped from the position I was in and landed quietly. I quickly made my way towards the castle. When I met the edge, I saw guards standing in wait. I was brought inside the castle, where tension was high. Everyone seemed relieved to see me, but I ignored them and went right into the main office without asking. Guards tried to stop me, but I had something more important to do. 

"Thea!" The Queen said in relief. I went to the King and held out my hand with objects that I tore from one of the stragglers. He looked at the objects in silent shock before looking up at me.

"You did an amazing job," He was soft in speaking. "Go clean up, and I'll send the doctor to come to look at you." He nodded once at me before I took my leave, ignoring the gawking. The feeling of warm water over my skin relaxed me. I took longer in the shower than I usually do, but I needed to feel clean in order to act normal. It wasn't just my body that felt dirty; it was my entire being. After being looked at by the doctor, I was allowed to rest in my room.

When I woke up, it was already late the next morning. When I finally appeared in the main office, I felt as though I had done something wrong. I've never felt this before.

"Thea," The King's voice echoed, making me aware of myself. "Do you feel okay?" I nodded. "Did they do anything to you?" I shook my head. "Are you willing to show us?" 

"Sir," A man protested for me. "She's been through a lot already, don't make her relive it." 

"Thea," The King spoke softly. "Are you willing to show us?" I nodded once. That's how I ended up walking through the woods with a decent-sized group of men and wolves. When we came to where it happened, I pointed to the ground. The brush was broken, leaving the evidence behind. 

"That's where she ripped his claws and canines out?" An alpha male spoke, making me aware that this went beyond just an accident. "How?" He looked at me in shock. "You're tiny and an omega female. How did you manage it? Even most men can't do that, with years of training added." I looked to William, who nodded at me. The only way that I'd go is if someone could understand me, and he made me feel safe. 

"She said it's easy to do when a wolf is in attack mode. She took the teeth first, then the claws. She hit him hard enough that the teeth came loose, and when he went to bite her, she took his teeth. She had some wounds from his claws, but that's when she could take his claws." 

"That's impossible," The man said in shock. 

"She said that chemicals are released in a wolf when fighting. When injured, their body goes to heal, but if the damage is bad, muscles loosen enough that it is possible. She took the canines so he couldn't mark her, then the few claws with..." He looked at me in shock.