Chapter Three

Pic of Zoe Saldana as Isabella Sombers

~

"Mr. Davis?" godlike professor called out.

"Please, what do you want?" I grumbled. I didn't get much sleep. For the last two weeks Day has been over screwing me (wonderously might I add). But it's exhausting. I have no idea what came over him (besides me). He's been all gentle and touchy feely and I can't deal. I don't know what to say to him. I don't know if this is just like a faze or...I don't know. I highly doubt he likes me. We've done this for two years and nothing happened or at least he hasn't said anything. Why wait until now to say something? I don't know but what I do know is that I need sleep and Professor Maxwell was not helping.

"I want you to at least pay attention. I don't care how many times you've taken this class, you're going to pay attention. You might just learn something new." He called out from the front of the class.

"Doubt it." I mumble letting a big yawn out. "Look Professor, I haven't gotten much sleep and you are my only class. Just let me be. You know I could not show up. Wouldn't that be terrible? If I didn't grace you with my presence everyday! Your day would be terrible, horrible! I can't even fathom--"

"Okay, Mr. Davis. Just see me after class, yes?"

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and rest my head back on my arms to catch some much needed z's.

I jolted up when a stack of books was slammed near my ear. I leaped up and grabbed the shirt of whatever delinquent did it. I suppress the moan that threatened to escape when his fancy cologne filled my nose. I quickly released him and he went to fix his shirt shaking his head.

"Sorry." I mutter as I packed up my notebook and pen.

"Look I'm sorry about your previous classes but it would be nice if you showed a little respect to my class. I might just fail you for that." Professor Maxwell threatened.

"Relax. It isn't you. I've just been... preoccupied over the last two weeks and I haven't been able to sleep. Don't worry, it won't happen again." I grumble.

"Preoccupied? A girlfriend? If she is preventing you from sleep--" he began. Oh god.

"Stop." I held up my hand, "It's not my boyfriend." I state to test the waters. Could be dealing with a homophobe for all I know. When I get nothing but a look to continue I sigh heavily, "To be honest I don't even know what's going on but we are going to talk."

"So you are seeing someone?" He whispered. I could barely catch that. Is he asking if I was single?

"Not really..." I state cautiously. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and eye him. He looks away and I notice a slight blush crawling up his neck. What in heaven's name is going on with the universe?

"Look I don't...I can't.... This is the only class preventing me from graduating. All because of what you seem to be initiating."

"No I wasn't. I was just...curious is all."

"Well, curiosity killed the cat Professor Maxwell." I smiled softly before scurrying out of that awkward conversation. I might just pray tonight. Jesus.

~

"Nah....Day...stop not tonight." I moaned as I tried to pry him off my neck. He sits back on the couch and frowns.

"Why not?" He questioned.

"I'm tired. I haven't slept in days because of you. As good as you are, I need my beauty sleep. If that's okay." I whispered the last part.

"Oh. Yea it's fine."

"Is everything okay, Day?" I ask tentatively.

"Yeah, everything's good. I'll just go then." He rose from the couch and grabbed his jacket off the chair. I reached for his wrist but he slipped past me to the door. When he opened it, Isabella was there trading glances with the both of us. Day just brushed past her and left down the corridor. She looked at me and I slump my shoulders. Groaning, I get up and grab my varsity jacket before dragging her down the hall with me. I need a drink.