Kangmin chuckles, "Finally my son is getting out of the house," He says proudly, "You don't have to worry, with Kyelin here, I'll be just fine. Have you met someone?" He looks up at Yunho with a smirk on his pale face, having always wanted his son to find someone since he insisted he and Kyelin weren't going to be a thing.

Yunho feels the tips of his ears turning red at the mention of him and a possible suitor and Yunho quickly shakes his head, "No, nothing like that," He laughs awkwardly, "I'm just going to meet with some friends..." He says, but he knows his lying voice isn't the greatest.

"Ahhh, so that's what they call it these days," Kangmin smiles, turning his head to look back out the window as he lays back in the chair, "Go have fun, Yun. I hate that you feel like you have to keep yourself all cooped up in this house because of me."

Yunho's heart aches at his father's words. It's true. Yunho hasn't spent much time outside of his house ever since his father got sick a few years back and it's caused him to not have much interaction with the world aside from within his pack. Even with his pack, he's kept to himself and everyone has left him alone for the most part. Everyone in the pack knows about his father's illness and how hard Yunho has worked to try and make something to help him.

"I like being with you, father," Yunho kisses the top of his father's head and smiles, "But I know you like Kyelin more," he laughs teasingly.

Kangmin chuckles more, causing him to have a coughing fit, "She's like the daughter I never had, Yun!"

Yunho hums and pats his father's shoulder, "I'll be home later tonight, but hopefully you'll be in bed by then, so I'll see you in the morning. I love you."

"I love you, son."

Yunho turns his back and clenches his fist as the hurt and pain overtakes his chest while he walks back to his bedroom. This evening, he's going to do everything in his power to beg the pack leader to send him instead of his father. He knows Essence will need all of the fighting power they can get, so he will go in his place.

Later that evening, Yunho heads out of his house when Kyelin gets there to look after his father. Yunho didn't tell Kyelin the whole truth of why he had to have her look after him, but she didn't press him. Kyelin had the same suspicions as his father did, and god is he wishing they were both right at this point.

He steps into the building they were told to meet in the letter and all of the heads turn toward him, sensing an omega in the room. Yunho bows his head at them all and boy is it an awkwardly silent walk to the front of the room past all of these alphas and omegas to get to the pack leader.

"Jeong Yunho, what are you doing here?" The pack leader asks as soon as he steps foot in front of him.

"I'm coming in place of my father. You know he is sick and won't be able to fight in this war, so why was a letter sent to him?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

"We need everyone we can, Jeong. He doesn't have to be on the frontlines, but we need him here."