Chapter 4: At the Pound

Rocky pov

"AHH!" I shouted. I was panting heavily, i looked around and i was locked inside some weird place with Skye. "So i didn't die? She's alive, yes!" I said happily. I realized that it was only a bad dream so i never confessed his feelings after all... I was very disappointed.

"Aww you were worried." She said while she turned to look at me. "You're awake! Hehe, maybe..." I told her. She went towards me, we appeared to be in some cage like thing. "Where do you think we are?" She asked me. Before i could answer a girl with some weird uniform came and told her. "You're in pound, you poor puppies shouldn't live in the streets."

This human looked passive, but yet we can't trust anyone. As a normal dog would, we growled to try and make her go away. "We have to get back to our family!" Skye barked. The girl giggled and said. "You pups have babies?"

"No, i meant our family! Not puppies, hehe." Skye told the girl, however it would be nice if me and Skye turned out to be a family. "Oh well, can you tell me where they are?" She asked. Does she think we're stupid? Just because we're pups doesn't mean we're dumber, does it? "No way we're telling you." I told her. "We're not going to trust you."

The girl only smiled and giggled again, why does she keep doing that? "You're so cute... Er... Rocky?" He said. I slowly nodded and she then said. "Well you're a cute pup, i don't know what you're doing homeless, you need a owner!"

I went to the back of the cage and said. "WHAT?!" I started to freak out a bit... My last owner was a wreak, he was so mean to me he made me run away! "He doesn't trust anyone since his owner abused him, only me and the other pups in our house." Skye told her.

The girl looked... Sad? "Oh, that's really bad. I hope you 2 find good owners that will actually take care of you." She said.

She left and Skye went to the pup bed they had there. I sat down, i saw they had a door to the outside! Ran towards in and saw it was caged in again. I sighed... This really got me thinking... Should i trust a human again?