Chapter 1: Stray Life

Chase pov

I woke up, cold as always. I'm a stray living with my 4 best friends, we protect each other but we barely get by. I got up and stretched, my stomach growled like made but we had nothing to eat.

I walked out of our giant cardboard box we were living in. We lived in an ally with other abandoned or stray pups. I went back inside, in the winter it gets extremely cold. But in the summer it just extremely hot. We have the biggest house out of every pup in the ally. Rocky expanded the whole thing with his brainy skills.

I chose it was time to try and steal some food for us.

Rocky pov

I woke up only to see Chase about to leave. "Where are you going?" I asked him as i rubbed my eyes. He turned around and told me. "About to look for food, want to join me?" He asked me. I thought about it... Well Adventure Bay is cruel to dogs most of the time. "Sure." I told him. We were stopped by Zuma. "Whoa, Dudes, do you even have a plan?!" He asked us, waking up Skye in the process.

"No?" I told him. "We need a plan, Whocky!" Skye nodded, still sleepy of course. Then Zuma woke up Marshall and i headed the "planning" area. I sketch a quick way to sneak into Mr. Porter's for some grub. "Here." I told Zuma as i set down the plan in front of him. He studied it and closed up the file. "Okay, Skye you know what to do, wight?" Zuma said.

Skye nodded and we headed out. We took usual positions. Marshall was the one near by the door, just giving out puppy eyes to distract people. Zuma went to the cameras in the store. I went to the store to trying and case a diversion. Chase took guard of the house, like usual. "You ready, Skye?" I asked her. She nodded quickly and i went inside the store whimpering with puppy eyes.