chapter 7

The Quarterbacks Bet

Cassie's Pov

My alarm goes off and I remembered its Monday !! Shit I get up fast taking a quick shower. (Dressing in the picture above)

I put my now dry hair in a bun on top of my head and fix to where its functional.

Only bothering to put on mascara I brush my teeth then apply lip gloss.

I grab my purse and my school work consisting of a binder and other shit I will need for hell they call school.

I take two at a time down the stairs and grab my keys and open the door and its raining just my luck.

I grab a umbrella and rush to my black Honda civic. I get in and close the umbrella slamming my car door I get it started and that's when I notice them all dressed in black dark casters.

I pull out of my drive way and take off speeding down the road 20 minutes later I'm pulling into my parking space.

I put it in park and just set there watching people rushing inside to escape the rain then that's when I see him Trent Roberts in his black F-150.

I grab my stuff and shut of the car I open the umbrella then I step out and slam my door locking it I rush inside with everyone else.

I walk past people closing my umbrella opening my locker I feel someone watching me I turn my head slightly and see Sam watching me as his group of friends talk and goof around.

Then I see Katie at her locker 7 down from mine.

I grab my books and slam my locker hard then all the other lockers slam open.

My eyes go wide and I look down and see my fingers glow a little bit

I back up and the lockers shut when I walk by.

I run into my first period class and sit down in AP calculus. I look down then someone sits next to me and holds onto my hand I look up and see Trent.

I look up as Austin his best friend and other kids pile into the room giving me weird looks I let's go of his hand. And I look down uninterested in school at the moment.

Class ends and I don't stand up like everyone else. I soon stand and I walk out hearing people talking about me.

I close my eyes and drone them out I lean against the locker s and decide to go to my secret spot I walk off and walk up the 3 stories of stairs and open the exit door and the rain is pouring still I giggle and set down my stuff my the door to keep it open not seeing a figure in the door way.

I sit there kinda cold so o decide to go back in when I notice the door is shut I go to pull it open but it won't budge oh come on I bang on the door and no one hears me its the 4th floor no one can hear anything I pull my sweater closer to my body and shiver.

I run out and look over the edge and see people running to their cars its 3 o'clock already my phone is inside the door I bang on the door then stair at the door handle with my eyes wishing it would open and it does I open it up and see a guy sitting there in all black.

Hello Cruz long time no see.

Shit I curse under my breath I knew it I smile slightly.

Hey Hank its been a while.

I know Cassie it has his dark eyes tells it all he was claimed for the dark.

How are you I hug him and he hugs me back tighter.

I'm fine darlin just got back from Louisiana he picks up my stuff and I take it from him let's go we have a lot of catching up to do.

We walk outside the doors and mine and Trents the only car left come on

We get to my car and Trent walks out with Austin next to him I start my car pull out and drive off fast.

Woah Cuz I look at him and go faster and faster.

Hank yells at me to slow down and I smile wider pressing the pedal to the metal I have many cars but this is my favorite.

Slow down he yells grabbing the oh shit handle.

I finally slow down pulling over on the side of the road.

I'm sorry.

He looks at me how many days do you have left before you are claimed.

I look at him I have 183 days left. Why ?

Oh nothing I was Just wondering.

Just wondering my ass.

I pull into the garage and park we get out and we walk inside so he says.

So I say back then we laugh.

Uncle misses you he says to me I sigh. I know I know uncle Ravenwood misses a lot of people.

He laughs at this and we settle down with popcorn and soda watching a bunch of movies them my phone dings its from Trent.

Trent : Who was that with you ?
Me: My cousin

Then I lock my phone up and we mess around and throw popcorn at each other.

Then I get light headed and fall to the floor.

Cassie !! Hank yells and sinks to the floor next to me.

Cassie look at me look at me.

I look at him and he gasps.

Cassie your eyes are turning black and gold.

Its the light and dark fighting each other for dominance I don't think I will make it to my 17th moon.

Then I scream out in pain so loud china could hear it.

Trents Pov...

I was just sitting in my room playing a mean game of call of duty when I near a scream not just any scream Cassie's.

I pause the game rushing downstairs slipping on my shoes and running to my truck.

I speed down the road and make it to her house in five minutes. I slam on the breaks and put my truck in park cutting the engine I get out and bang on her door it opens revealing a guy.

His eyes go wide "who are you?"

Mine narrow "who are you?"

I'm her cousin and you are?

A friend I pish Jim aside and enter and see her writhing in pain I sink to the floor and hold her close then her writhing stops and her cousins eyes go wide.

Holy shit !!

Cliffhanger !!!!!!

Find out next chapter just what the hell is going on !!