Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n Pov-

The bell FINALLY rang, it finally was the end of school. I was so bored in class, except for english.. that was fun, I got to play on my phone since the class was finishing up a book. It was fun for me and I kept poking my tongue out at Tsukki and Yama each time they looked up. They were quite annoyed with me but I was having fun so it was ok. "Y/N what sport are you doing?" Yama asked he smiled at me when I looked back at him. "Volleyball" I responded "Really? am I that surprised?" Tsukki said as he adjusted his bag. "i-im sorry..." Yama said quietly "its ok" I smiled as I departed to the office to see where I was going "bye!" I waved to the two boys as they headed to there sport. "Takeda?" I wandered into the room filled with desks and teachers or what looked like teachers. Takeda waved me over he looked busy talking on the phone. "Yes, sir... I promise.. your d--, Oh he hung up. " He looked sad "It was your dad actually checking in" I looked shocked he never usually called since he's so busy. "It's ok I smiled.. ill talk to him soon. I just didn't know where to go. " I smiled politely. "Oh, of course, my bad" He patted the back of his head. "Im going soon Ill show you your locker room and all that on the way and then meet you in the gym. Do you have your things?" I nodded and then he stood up and I followed.

"This is where you'll be changing, Takeda said I smiled and entered the changing room. It looked gross, I held my nose but changed quickly putting my things in the corner. Takeda waited outside as we walked to the gym, it was much smaller then I expected or what I used to. I quickly put my hair into a ponytail awaiting the hell that was inside. My black spandex hugging my curves and the plain white t-shirt loosely hanging. Takada looked at me and blushed, I ignored him knowing he was a bit older than me. He pushed open the door to reveal a man talking to a group of boys it almost looked like he was scolding them into not doing something. I ignored them walking to the net that was set up. "Hmpf" I looked around the gym, admiring the court and bleachers it seemed homey. I turned around "where are my teammates," I asked looking at Takeda "Um well you see... " he pointed to the group of boys who were standing in awe in front of me. "ooooooh... damm" I played with the end of my ponytail trying to comfort myself, I noticed Tsukki, Yama and the two other boys from my class along with a lot of people I've never met. "Your Y/A?" A very surprised boy said. He was muscular and had dark eyes and dark short hair, he looked comforting and like a captain, he just gave the vibes. I ignored him and went to the coach I stuck out my hand clearly interrupting his talk "Im Y/A Ushijima, and I will I guess be joining your team I am happy to work with you!" He shook my hand surprised at the sudden change in the room. "Coach Ukai, nice to meet you" I smiled and stood at the end of the line of boys. "What ?" I asked, "Are we going to practice or?" I shrugged wondering if we were actually going to practice. "A girl... Is practicing with us?" A bald boy said, "Tanaka! SHES CUTE LOOK" a very short boy jumped up shoving his face my way. "Omg Yuu your right" both boy's eyes lit up and they began to drool at the sight of me. It was very.... weird. "You too STOP IT" A boy with gray hair scolded pointing his finger at him. He was lean and had a beauty mark on his face ... he seemed very kind. "Coach, how is she gonna keep up? Can she even play?" The captain said. I whipped my head at him ready to yell at him. "She Y/a Ushijima... Of course, she can play...." The raven-haired boy's face fell his eyes made contact with me almost as if he was in fear. "are yall ok... or?" I stood there not really knowing what to do. "ALL OF YOU STOP IT.. shes apart of our team now... " Ukai began to talk although many of the boys were still staring at me, clearly confused. Ukai coughed which brought their attention back to him. "Will start by warming up and then do..... hmm how about a scrimmage?" they all nodded and I smiled excited to be able to actually play in a game. All the boys partnered up to start to warm up by tossing and receiving. I was clearly the odd person out. Uaki saw this and offered to toss with me. I nodded in agreement, wanting to show him my skill. The boys kept staring, clearly wanting to know more. "Your quite good at receiving" Uaki commented, "thank you, my father says if you can receive there no point in playing!" he looked at me shocked and choked on his breath. "u-um that's one way to look at it" I smiled. "Ok now on to spiking, will do that quickly and then on to the scrimmage". I nodded my head wanting to see the boys in action to know what I was dealing with. "Y/a... wanna go first Tsukki" said almost taunting me "Ok," I said calmly not really getting the fact he was making fun of me. "Are you ready?" Coach said almost scared to toss me the ball. I nodded and waited for the toss. I waited... and then jumped. High it felt so good to be able to slam the ball. I aimed for the far left corner wanting to make it perfect, the ball hit my hand square on and flew right where I wanted. I gratefully went back down to the ground seeing that I had indeed made it in. "Holy shit" Coach said looking at me "What?" I looked around to see everyone staring at me "What I do wrong? Did I hit it weird? Ive done that before" I stood there trying to imitate my movement without jumping.

"Y/n.. That was insane" Yama said almost out of breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~