Chapter 1

Y/N-Your name

H/c-Hair color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Y/N Pov~~~~~~~~~~

-A couple of months earlier-

      The cold water hit your back, your H/c hair pinned to your back. You examined the purple bruising up and down your legs, then up and down your arms the same dark purple marks proving to yourself you had fought well and hard. However, apparently not hard enough. Your middle school team was one of the best in America, and yet you still managed to lose. It was your final middle school game before you moved on to high school, meaning your father had shown up to see if you had improved.  Your brother would have been there also however he was already in Japan in his 2nd year of school at Shiratorizawa competing for there spring national. The only reason you were sent to America was to improve in volleyball along with your studies obviously.  Meaning all your time was devoted to that. Nothing else. Volleyball, homework, eat and sleep that was what you spent the last three years doing. You had very few friends but that was mainly through volleyball and when you weren't hanging out quietly you spent that time caring for yourself or practicing. Your father had spent thousands hoping his daughter would turn out to be better than her own brother, who was already proving to be a star. Y/n didn't care about volleyball. She just wanted her father to be proud of her and their family. It seemed as though ever since you were born you seemed to bring the rest of the family down. So when your father sent you to America it was obvious as to why. He wanted his son to shine bright without his daughter to bring him down. 

        Y/n knew this and it made her angry and want to prove her father wrong and to prove her own worth to him. Her life was volleyball. So when you watched the ball begin to fall on the floor life seemed to stop. Your life seemed to flash before your eyes, your muscles moved in synch to try and retrieve the ball which was now even closer to touching the floor.  You felt your father's glare and angry pierce through from behind you as you heard the sound pang of the stupid-stupid volleyball hit the hardwood floor. You just laid there. Unsure of what to do and worried about what your father would say. You were only a couple of inches and your team was so close to winning. The whistle from the ref brought you back into the horrible reality. Tears formed but were quickly gone as your teammate pulled you from the ground to shake hands to finally end the game. Your head was spinning and you knew this was the end and you would never hear the end of the disappointment in your father's voice. 

        Now you stood in the hotel shower waiting for your flight back to Japan. The guilt you felt was like no other, and if only you had done more you could have been able to win. The shower was colder than before you were shaking from the cold. Your father's personal assistant knocked on the door asking if you were ok. You responded with a simple, yes saying you would come out soon. Your father left for Japan right after the game making sure to tell you that you would be returning home. He left his assistant you bring you home, she was sweet, yes but all you wanted to do was be alone and pity yourself. You will still in shock by the time you got back to Japan, thinking of your final middle school moments on the court. You spent the rest of your middle school year and final summer practicing and learning with a private coach and tutor. Your father even stepped in to teach you the 'Correct way' to play. It made you so mad however that leads up to now. And where you now stood. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~