18 sacrifice 18

Hi, guys! Sorry about not getting this out earlier, my school is shut down because of the coronavirus and that’s where I usually post my stories, so it was difficult trying to get this chapter out.
Please stay safe, guys! I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone says it is, but still, I’m a little worried about it (the USA isn’t doing crap about it, and everyone’s going insane over here in the states).
Anyway, on to the story!

"This is the gravity generator that creates the space-time fold that hides the station,” Ulaz said. The rebel was showing the paladins around the base. “It was created by a reclusive genius engineer named Slav. His technology allows the Blade of Marmora to remain hidden while we work to take down the Galra Empire. Zarkon would do anything to get his hands on this technology."

Blade of Marmora, Sage thought to herself. Why did the name seem so familiar?

"There are Galra out there that aren't loyal to Zarkon?" Keith asked, almost disbelievingly.

“There were Germans who weren’t loyal to Hitler?” Sage shot back, a bit mockingly.

"We thought expanding the Galra Empire would bring stability,” Ulaz said. “We learned too late, a tyrant doesn't seek stability, only power. With our members working on the inside, planning coordinated attacks with Voltron, we may finally have a chance."

"So, you have agents working within Zarkon's ranks?" Hunk asked.

"How do you think you got away from Zarkon in that last fight? Do you think those shields around Zarkon's command centre went down on their own? We've got people risking their lives in this war, just like you."

"If you have people on the inside, can they tell me where my family is?” Pidge asked, desperate for any new leads on her brother and father. “They were taken the same time Shiro was."

"I knew others from Earth were captured,” Ulaz replied. “I never saw them, but I have some records of Galra prisoners here. I can transmit them to your ship."

After a moment’s hesitation, Keith asked, "What's that weapon you carry?" Sage’s eyes drifted to the blade. Ulaz answered the question, but Sage didn’t hear. Something had floated to the surface of her mind. Before she knew what she was saying, she’d blurted out, “Who’s Thace?”

“Thace is one of our agents working in Zarkon’s high command,” Ulaz answered. “He is one of our most valuable assets.”

Shiro glanced at Sage, slight curiosity in his gaze. “Do you remember something?”
“Bits and pieces,” Sage muttered. “I’ll tell you when we get back to the ship.”

"Oh, no,” Ulaz suddenly said. “You were tracked!"

“What? Us?" Keith protested. "If Zarkon knows we're here, it's because you ratted us out."

"It's another one of Zarkon's robot beasts!” Hunk exclaimed. “Ro-beasts!"

"We have to get back to the ship," Shiro commanded.

"Shiro, wait,” Ulaz halted, handing Shiro a memory drive. “These are instructions on how to reach the Blade of Marmora headquarters. Before you go there, find out how Zarkon is tracking you. If you lead him there, our entire underground network, everything we've spent centuries building, will be lost."

"I knew he cannot be trusted!" Allura yelled when the paladins returned to the ship.

"It wasn't him," Shiro defended, to which Allura shot back, "How can you be sure?"

"It doesn't matter now,” Sage voiced, stepping between the two. “We’re being attacked, remember? What should we do?"

"Why can't we hide here in the space clam and wait for it to go away?" Hunk asked, hoping to avoid a fight if at all possible.