03 the chase is on 03

season one

episode one

part one

“This is a terrible idea,” Sage muttered.

“There’s someone in that pod,” Keith fired back. “We can’t just let them get captured. Who knows what the Garrison would do to them.”

“Fine,” Sage grumbled, parking her bike and slinging the bag of explosives over her shoulder. “Just saying, if I get expelled for this, you’re telling Shiro.” Keith sighed.

“Sage, you know Shiro isn’t coming back.”

“He is, okay? I know my brother better than anyone. He’s the last person that would fail a mission like that.”

“We can discuss this later, just go set the explosives,” Keith said, climbing off his bike.

“Where are you going?” Sage asked, raising an eyebrow,

“Just go!” Sage went.

“Why do I even tolerate this guy?” she grumbled to herself, typing the code and setting the trigger for the first bomb. “I guess he is practically my brother, but still. My name is Keith, I’m soooo emo,” she mimicked. “So mysterious. I’m a bad boy.”

Second bomb. “Sorry, I was too busy browsing Hot Topic to give a shit.”

Third and fourth bombs. “Look at my hair and my vinyls. They’re black - -  like my soul.”

She stepped away and triggered the explosives. From inside the main tent, she heard voices.

"Nope. No you—No, no, no, no, no, no, no you don't. I'm saving Shiro."

"Who are you?"

From this point onward, the conversation dissolved into a collection of insults and sarcastic remarks.

"Oh, man,” said a large teen as the group emerged from the tent. “They're coming back and they do not look happy. We gotta go. Uh, do you mind if we catch a ride with you?" At this point, Sage spotted the man being carried between Keith and a lanky Latino.

“Well, well, well,” she smirked, making her presence known. “‘Shiro’s not coming back.’ Bite me.” Tossed the keys of her hoverbike from hand to hand. “Green, tall guy” she called, referring to the shortest of the group and the Latino, “You’re with me. Keith, take the big guy and Shiro.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Keith said, rolling his eyes.

"Are these things going to be big enough for all of us?" the… boy? Girl? Non-binary friend? asked.

“Yes,” Sage answered. “I built them.” The Latino let out a low whistle as the bikes started moving.

“Smart and gorgeous? Girl, you must be made of copper and tellurium, ‘cause you are cute.”

“Did you just flirt with my sister?” Keith growled. A look of pure terror entered the taller boy’s eyes.

“I, um-”

"Hey, we did all fit!" the largest of the group said happily.

"Can't this thing go any faster?" the Latino complained.

"We could toss out some non-essential weight," Keith said as Sage glared.

"Oh, right!” the taller said, glancing around hopefully. His face fell. “OK, so that was an insult. I get it."

"Big man, lean left!" Keith called as Sage ordered the same to her passengers. The large teen began commentating on all that happened behind them.

"Aw man! Mr. Harris just knocked out Professor Montgomery! ... No, no, he's fine."