07 red retrieval 07

season one

episode one

part five

"You made it!" Allura cheered as Hunk and Lance entered the bridge.

"Yeah, just barely," Lance complained. "That was a nightmare. I almost puked out there. I felt like Hunk!"

"Think how I felt," the larger teen retorted. "I am Hunk!"

"Yeah, we had a tough time, too," Pidge said, with a smile at Shiro that screamed anything but "hard time."

"Did we find the Red Lion yet?" Shiro asked.

"Allura just located it," Coran assured. "There's a bit of good news and bad news. The good news is, the Red Lion's nearby. The bad news is, it's on board that Galra ship now orbiting Arus. But wait, good news again. We're Arus!"

"They're here already?"

"Yes. Guess my calculations were a bit off. Finger counting—I-It's more of an art than a science." Suddenly, a transmission enveloped the castle's screen, showing a fierce Galran general.

"Princess Allura," he began, "this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire. I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the Known Universe. I am here to confiscate the Lions. Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet." The video feed ended before Sage could give him the finger.

"All right, let's not panic," Shiro said calmly.

"Not panic?" Hunk sputtered. "Th-The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us. We only have four Lions."

"Technically, only three working Lions," Pidge corrected

"That's right. Thank you, Pidge. Three working Lions an-and a Castle that's, like, 10,000 years old."

"Actually, it's 10,600 years old," Coran said. "You see, it was built by my grandfather—"

"Thanks, Coran," Hunk interjected. "Thank you for that. See? Now is the perfect time to panic!"

"Wait!" Sage exclaimed. "Doesn't this Castle has a particle barrier we can activate?"

"How did you know that?" Allura asked.

"I read one of the manuals after I was done hanging out with Keith. This castle is amazing." Lance gave Allura a flirtatious smirk.

"Girl, you've already activated my par—"

"Lance!" Shiro yelled.

"The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever," Coran explained. "The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last."

"Panic now?"

"No," Shiro said. "We've just got to figure out our plan of action, and figure it out quickly."

"I say we pop through a Wormhole and live to fight another day," Lance offered.

"I second that," Hunk said. "Yes. I mean, we tried to find all the Lions, right? We gave it the old college try. Couldn't do it. We only have three. We can't form Voltron. I man, I guess we could form a... snake? Or a worm! To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about."

"Then, it's settled. Allura, you ride with me. One of you take the old guy." Coran glared.

"We can't just abandon Arus," Pidge objected. "The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them."

"Okay," Hunk conceded. "If we run, then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone, like when we left Earth. We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we—hisss out of here."