Chapter 8

Morning had finally came as everyone continued to sleep. Eugene was having a peaceful sleep, but it was disturbed when he felt something wet on his face. He opened his eyes and saw that Maximus had found him. The horse continued to glare at him.

"Well, I hope you're here to apologize." Eugene smirked as he resumed his sleep.

His screaming had startled Rapunzel and (Y/n). They immediately woke up and saw that Eugene was being dragged away by Maximus. They quickly ran up to him and try to pull him back.

"Maximus! Release him!" (Y/n) commands. Maximus was startled by the voice he found so familiar. He quickly released Eugene, but he still had his boot. He was about to go after him but Rapunzel stood in his way.

Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy boy, easy. Settle down. Easy boy. Easy. That's it." Rapunzel was able to calm Maximus down. The horse became confused when he saw Pascal mimicking Rapunzel. "Now sit. Sit." Rapunzel orders. Maximus didn't listen at first, but he ended up sitting. "Good, now drop the boot. Drop it." Rapunzel orders again and Maximus drops the boot. "Oh, you are such a good boy! Yes, you are! You all tired chasing the bad man all over the place?" Rapunzel pets Maximus as she coos at him.

"Excuse me." Eugene questioned as (Y/n) helps him up. "Nobody appreciates you, do they? Do they?" Rapunzel continues to comfort Maximus as he agrees with her. "Oh, come on. He's a bad horse!" Eugene complains. "Oh, he's nothing but a big sweetheart. Isn't that right...?" Before Rapunzel could read his name, (Y/n) told her his name. "His name is Maximus."

Maximus looks behind Rapunzel and his eyes widen open when he saw (Y/n). He neighs at her and quickly walks up to her as he checks if she has any injuries.

"Woah! Relax, Maximus. I'm fine." (Y/n) ensures. Maximus walks behind her as she nudges her to move forward. "Woah! Maximus, where are you taking me-!" (Y/n) stopped when she realized where Maximus was taking her. She quickly move away from him and stood next to Rapunzel. Maximus neighs at her and tilts his head towards the direction of the kingdom. "No way, Maximus. I'm not going home." He grunts and tries to take her back home. "No, Maximus! I can't go home yet! I need to find my sister first. It felt like the kingdom has given up on her, but I won't. I want to find her. You know that." (Y/n) told. Maximus thought for a moment and gives her a comforting nuzzle. "Thank you, Maximus. I'd knew you'd understand."

"You've got to be kidding me."  Eugene glares. Maximus quickly glares back.

"Look. Today is kinda the biggest day of my life, and the thing is, I need you not to get him arrested. Just for twenty four hours and then you can chase each other to your hearts content. Okay?" Rapunzel reasoned. Eugene forcefully puts his hand out. Maximus grunts his head away. "And it's also her birthday. Just so you know." (Y/n) adds. Maximus snorts and gives in. He puts his hoof out. He and Eugene shook in truce as they both continued to glare at each other. Seeing on awkward it has become, (Y/n) pulled them apart.

The bells could be heard as Rapunzel and (Y/n) were walking towards the kingdom, but not before Maximus could punch Eugene on his stomach. He smiles in satisfaction.

Rapunzel squeals in joy as she looks at the kingdom. (Y/n) quickly pulls on her hood so no one could recognize her. She grabs Rapunzel by her arm and leads her in. Eugene spotted one of his wanted posters. He grabs it and crumbles it up. Maximus glares at him and Eugene stuffs the paper inside his mouth. He spits out the paper and laughs as it lands on Eugene's face. He quickly took off the paper and the both of them began to fight. They stopped when they heard Pascal and Brielle squeaking at them. Both small animals pointed and glared at the two bickering as a warning. Eugene and Maximus ceased their fight, but they continued to bump each others' shoulders.

Once inside the village, Rapunzel and (Y/n) stared in awe at all the decorations. True, (Y/n) has lived in the kingdom, but she has never seen what the village has done. As they were distracted by all the decorations, Rapunzel was startled by all the people passing by as she tried to get through. She was even finding it hard to move around with her hair hanging all over. She, (Y/n), and Eugene quickly grabbed as much hair as they could. Seeing this was going to be a problem, Eugene search for a way to handle her hair. He heard some girls giggling and saw that they were braiding each others hair. He whistles at them and showed them Rapunzel's hair. They four girls gasped and immediately worked on Rapunzel's hair. Rapunzel wanted them to do (Y/n)'s hair too, but (Y/n) wasn't too keen on the idea. Rapunzel was able to convince her. Lucky for her, the four girls didn't recognized her. As the four girls were working on Rapunzel and (Y/n)'s hair, Eugene had to hide as two guards were passing by. Once they were gone, he and Maximus stared in shock at the girl's new look.

 Once they were gone, he and Maximus stared in shock at the girl's new look

"Thank you!" Rapunzel and (Y/n) thanked the four girls. Eugene smiled fondly at Rapunzel. Maximus smirked as Eugene playfully pushed his head away.

While waiting in line, Rapunzel and (Y/n) saw two murals of the royal family. The first mural was the king and queen with their first born. The second mural was (Y/n) with her parents, having small smiles. A village girl was holding two flowers and place them on the murals. "It's for the lost princesses."

Rapunzel stared at the mural of the first born princess and can't help but feel something familiar. She turned her head and saw (Y/n) frowning at the murals. She pulls her hood more down to cover up the tears that threaten to come out. Rapunzel  knew how much she missed her sister. She suddenly heard music playing and she knew a way to cheer up (Y/n).

When Eugene finished paying for the food, he spotted (Y/n) and Rapunzel dancing together. Soon the both of them grabbed some villagers to join them on the dance floor. Soon many villagers joined in the dance floor. Rapunzel and (Y/n) waved for Eugene to join in, but he refused. He was pushed in by Maximus and the horse laughs at him.

Eugene is seen buying Rapunzel and (Y/n) a small cloth with Kingdom crest on them. They went back to the village party as they continued to dance around. (Y/n) is seen dancing with villagers around her age. While Eugene and Rapunzel try to dance with each other, but they were pulled away by different partners. Later, Rapunzel and (Y/n) were painting the kingdom crest on the floor as the other villagers were working on their own artwork. Music continued to flourish as everyone danced around. Next; (Y/n), Rapunzel, and Eugene were hiding from the guards as they each had a cupcake in their hands. Rapunzel and (Y/n) were seen dancing together back at the party. Another scene were (Y/n) was showing Eugene and Rapunzel a book about the Earth map at the village book store. The last scene is where everyone was dancing one last time. Eugene was looking to see where Rapunzel was, while Rapunzel and (Y/n) were dancing their hearts out. As the music concludes, Rapunzel and Eugene found themselves together as held onto each other. (Y/n) smiled at them as she giggles from exhaustion.

"To the boats!" A villager shouts.

Eugene and Rapunzel separated themselves as (Y/n) took their hands and led them towards the docks.