💀 48 💀

"Josh? Josh you here?"

Josh flinched as the door slammed shut. He sat up in his bed, pushing his covers off and putting down his phone. Hearing footsteps storm up his stairs, he quickly stood up and anxiously grabbed the closest thing to him for protection, a notebook he'd had since he had been about twelve.

"Hey, Josh you-"

Josh immediately dropped the notebook, wrapping his arms tightly around George's neck as he pulled the shorter male in for a hug. Startled, George stumbled backwards before wrapping his arms around Josh's waist. He placed a light kiss to his forehead and nudged Josh's hair out of the boy's face.

"He's not here is he?" George asked cautiously, pulling back from the hug but keeping their fingers interlocked. "Fuck, you're shaking like a leaf."

"He... no, h-he's not." Josh stuttered.

"That's good." George murmured, smoothing his thumb over the back of Josh's hand to calm him down. "He's not gonna hurt you, okay? I promise."

"But-"

"I promise." George whispered, pulling Josh close to him again. "He's not going to even touch you."

"What about you though?" Josh whispered. George smiled sadly.

"Doesn't matter what he does to me-"

"It does!" Josh clutched onto George's shoulders as tears collected in his eyes. "Please, he can't hurt you either, we should've never got involved, fucks sake-"

"He won't hurt either of us." George sighed. Josh's shoulders relaxed, though it was only minimal.

"We shouldn't do this." Josh whispered. "We should just call the police, we have the evidence-"

"No." George said sternly. "I can't let him get away with this. He's upset you, and if I let him get away with that then I would never forgive myself."

"It's not your fault." Josh murmured, caressing George's cheek. George shook his head, nuzzling into Josh's soft touch affectionately.

"It is." He murmured, pushing their foreheads together. "I love you, I wish we never did this either. But we did. And he needs to get what he deserves."

They stood in silence for a few minutes, their eyes closed. The closeness of their bodies held the comfort they both needed and desired, and it was somehow strangely calming, yet it still held some intimacy.

"You sure this will work?" Josh asked.

"I'm sure of it. You just need to calm down."

Josh looked down at the floor. George placed his fingers under Josh's chin, lightly raising his head to look at him.

"Its okay to be scared, in a way I am too." He whispered. "But I'll protect you."

Pressing their lips together softly, it was all Josh could've ever wanted. It didn't matter the circumstance, all he'd ever need was George, and his love and loyalty. No one could ever compare to him, and the sparks of electricity he could feel through the connection of their lips couldn't bother Josh. He had all he needed; he'd be fine. Why was he even worried in the first place when he had someone as amazing as George to look after him.

"I love you." Josh said as their pulled away, still connected by their foreheads, eyes closed. "I love you so fucking much George Andrews."

"And I love you." George whispered.

It was all he'd ever need to hear.