Chapter 14 - Search and Destroy

Start from the beginning

"Hey! I'll have you know I've barely stolen anything for ages!" Sun agrued, trying to defend himself. "Anyway...we normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal." Sun added.

"Yeah, that makes sense." Ky nodded. "We're mainly know for kicking ass, taking names and causing mischief all in one day."

"Well-" Ruby tried to say, only to get interrupted by Oobleck as the team looks embarrassed.

"Four minutes people!" Oobleck called out as he goes back inside as the group of friends smile awkwardly at Ky and the rest.

"Yeah.... We're saving the world with that guy. Baller right?" Aptus snorted.

"Well, uh..." Ruby shoots a thumbs up. "Wish us luck!"

With that, they all went their separate ways, either back to the academy or towards their missions.

XXXXXXX

[Cuts to the airship in the air, moving out of Vale]

The airship that held the seven students and professor flew through the air over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.

"I guess I never saw you as much of a fighter." Yang said to Oobleck.

"I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles." Oobleck stated.

"Like the mushroom?" Ruby questioned, tilting her head in confusion.

"Those are truffles." Blake corrected leaning in.

"Like the sprout?" Ruby asked, still scratching her head in befuddlement.

"Those are Brussels." Yang said, also leaning in.

Ky hugged Ruby close to him. "You are too precious for this world." He told her.

"Regardless, given my expertise in the field of history as well as my dabblings in the archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw it fit to assign me to this particular... assignment!" Oobleck said.

"What does history have to do with this?" Weiss asked.

"Why, what a preposterous question, you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society! And the liver! Probably the kidneys, if I were to wager." Oobleck replied.

"And that means...?" Aptus asked confused.

"The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves, but it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures!" Oobleck stated.

"Mountain Glenn." Ruby said, looking forward.

"That's right! It was an expansion of Vale." Yang recalled

"But wasn't overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city?" Ky asked in confusion.

"Correct! And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder." Oobleck added.

"And a likely place for a hideout." Blake said, connecting the dots.

"Precisely!" Oobleck said, adjusting his glasses as he smiled.

XXXXXXX

[Mountain Glenn]

The airship came in over a spot of street amidst the ruined buildings and structures of the ruined area. It hovered right above the ground as Aptus, Yang, Blake, Oobleck, Weiss, Ruby and Ky all jumped out of the craft with their weapons drawn, all except for Oobleck, who simply held his coffee canister, before the ship flew away from the destruction.