Chapter 13

Everything I thought was kind so fake, You're nothing but a snake, A great mistake, Remember to forget me – Forever Still 

Being falsely accused is nothing new to me. Being the youngest of 3 siblings I was always blamed for everything when something was missing, it was my fault when something broke. My youngest sister even claimed she had seen me kiss a girl in the schoolyard and I had eaten Earth Worms. I do not know why she liked to make up stories about me, but considering how many diagnoses she has today I guess that explains it.

I do not even remember how many times I was set up when I went to school but I remember one specific moment in 8th grade, I had just switched school (again) and one of the girls in the class had broken her arm. Another girl wrote on the black board "Lisa has an ugly arm", I went to the trash can with my waste from lunch when the girl placed the chalk in my hand and the boys took pictures of me on their phones (thank God this was before the social media boom), and everybody made fun of me.

I packed my bag and went home and never returned. One more change of school for in a short period of time, but that was just my life and an extra little skeleton in my precious collection.

However, what would happen to me on March 16th  2017 could nothing ever had prepared me for, ever.

***

At the Phoenix airport I bought a couple of souvenirs because how often do you get to Arizona from Denmark? I heard two guys speaking Danish in one of the queues I was standing in and I was just standing there with a little smile on my face thinking, "I understand you and you don't know I understand you." I cannot remember their conversation so it was not that special.

When I was sitting with the mother waiting for the plane I asked her about what I could do when my parents came to visit. She looked at me with most soulless eyes I have ever seen and said, "You can just take those days of."

They forgot to put water on the plane so it did not take long before the lavatories left stains through the entire plane. I had to go to the bathroom so badly because of all the water I had been drinking in the heat, it felt like my bladder would explode at any time. When we landed I ran through all the people to the nearest rest room and it felt like 10 gallons left me. I had a text on my phone from the mom that said, "we are by the car." Cool, thank you for waiting.

I found the car and we were all on mute on the way back, even baby Kim did not make any noise. I closed my eyes and thought about how much I missed my family at this point. I could not wait to show them the beautiful city and the area I had lived in for so long. But I had an uneasy feeling deep down in my stomach. Something was wrong, the atmosphere was heavy, a smell of decay seemed to come from nowhere and my heart was sore.

What could it be?

When we arrived at the house we ordered take out, they told me my contact person was coming over and when I asked why, everything went quiet. "Just routine," it broke the silence for a little while. I told them I would head to the pharmacy and I promised to hurry.

I picked up some B12 vitamins and hurried back.

When I came back we sat down in front of the fireplace. The place we had been sitting at almost 7 month ago but with another contact person.

Chloe was sitting on the opposite side of me and said, "I understand there are some worries?"

I looked at her totally lost, what?

The mom started speaking, "Yes," she looked at me "You sleep a lot and you don't go out anymore, you used to hang out with Audrey but you never talk about her. You also stay in your room and never come out and speak with us."