Chapter 16: Illuminated

Start from the beginning

One which made his dad almost laugh but he quickly covered in with a cough. "Stiles, just, uh...answer the man," he tried to say seriously even though it was clear that he was enjoying this.

"We made a good guess," Stiles simply said.

McCall sighed before he looked over at his son and Kira. "What were you two doing?" "Eating sushi," Kira said at the same time that Scott said, "Eating pizza." They looked over at each other before Scott said "Eating sushi," and Kira said, "Eating Pizza." That only made McCall narrow his eyes at the two of them. "Eating sushi and pizza," the two of them managed to say together.

"You believe this?" McCall said back to the Sheriff.

But he shrugged and shook his head. "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

McCall then looked over at the new girl. "Kira, is that how you remember it?"

At that moment, Scott, Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia looked over at Kira and even leaned forward a bit towards her when they did. Kira looked at each of them and saw them with the same pressing look. She then went and looked in the waiting face of Agent McCall and she nodded. "Yes," she mumbled. "Can I get my phone back now?"

McCall shook his head. "Sorry but no," he said sternly to her. "I'm afraid that its officially evidence." So, he went and gave them all permission to leave as he handed Kira's phone to a deputy for lockup with Evidence. 

"Scott, Sabrina," he called to his children before they could leave with their friends. Scott and Sabrina stopped and turned back to look at him. "I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse," he warned the two.

Scott narrowed his eyes as his father said that. "Yeah, we get it." He already knew that someone had to have pointed Barrow in Kira's direction seeing as how Stiles, Sabrina and Lydia had found that message at the school. Someone that knew something about Kira. Something that none of them did.

His father nodded. "Alright, go home. It's a school night."

Sabrina scoffed before walking over to Stiles. Scott stepped out to find Kira standing off to the side with Lydia while Stiles and Sabrina were talking with the Sheriff. Kira was looking his way but when he tried to catch her eye she went and looked away as she seemed to be hugging herself nervously. He could sense how nerved Kira was from here and supposed that he couldn't blame her. Maybe now wasn't the best time to try and talk to her about what had happened.

++++++

The high school's hallways were darker than usual with the scattered windows and doors providing the only source of light. The power was still out but classes would still be resuming. A fact that Coach Finstock wanted to make sure was loud and clear. And by loud and clear, it was literally meant by him strolling through the halls with a bullhorn in hand.

He hit the buzzer button on it before he put it back to mic. "Class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school."

He passed by Stiles and Sabrina who was finishing putting some books in his locker. "That was a triple negative. Very impressive there, Coach."

"Copy that," Coach said back to him with the bullhorn.

Stiles was getting ready to close his locker when he accidentally knocked his keys over. "Stiles, your keys," said Sabrina. He picked them up when he narrowed his eyes as he saw that there was an extra key on his ring. "Hello, where did you come from?" he mumbled. "You mean that key isn't yours?" she asked. Stiles shook his head.