loyalty and doubts

Start from the beginning

Ashton nodded in approval and got back to his work.

John rushed out of the room to calm the raging storm in his heart which his boss has managed to unleash with a mere stare and few truthful words.

.................................................

Ananda stood in front of him wearing a blouse and a short pencil skirt, displaying her cleavage and long toned legs.
Her blonde hair were styled to perfection as always and the bright red lipstick on her pouting lips was surely suggesting something.

Not to forget the way her fingers were playing with her blouses top button and her eyes giving him those seductive glares.

"Who let you in? You can't just walk in like you own this damn place!"

"Oh come on Ash ! I used to come here every day and we used to enjoy here in this room every night."

Ashton was getting irritated,why can't this woman understand that he is a married man now.

"I know your boring wife can never give you what I offer you right now...so..? You in?"

"Listen, Amanda, we just had a fling and it was over 2 years back! Why are you being so damn persistent!"

"Ash! please....I miss you so much...I never met a man like you before."

She was moving towards him playing her dirty tricks like she usually does.
Playing with the collar of his suit with her manicured nails she continued.

"Just once more and you will realise how much you miss me...! Please Ash just one chance!"

To her surprise, within seconds she was pushed back on the glass mirror overlooking the city.

His large hands held onto her jaw roughly as her back collided with the glass wall.

All her playful attitude got replaced by sheer fear as her eyes met his cold ones.
His grip on her jaw was painful showing he was in no mood to play.

"I am a married man now Miss Amanda Claire.No matter how good of a Fu** you were I would never cheat on my wife!
Do you get it?"

She nodded as the first tear of rejection left her eyes.
She knew she was being selfish and childish to demand something like this from him but she had to give it a try.
She should not have forgotten how strong the foundation of his morals was.

"I asked do you understand this Amanda!"

"Y..es Ash....I mean Ashton ..I understand."

He pulled back from her and she frantically searched for her bag to hurry out of his office.

"You belong to a reputed family Amanda.....refrain from doing something like this next time...I would hate to tarnish the image of women in the society."

She gulped as she understood his underlying embedded threat.
He can behave like a shrewd businessman if required and she knew this quite well.

"I apologize for today...it won't happen again."

As soon as she left he sighed in frustration and sat back on his seat.

His eyes went on the screen of his smartphone and he picked it up to see if there were any missed calls.
The events of the morning flashed back and her innocent words started ringing in his ears.

He woke up to an addicting peach fragrance engulfing him.
Opening his eyes he found the source to be his ugly duckling.
Her slender neck and her maze-like hair welcomed him and the events of last night came crashing in.