Chapter Six

When I came to again, I was outside on a bench. My head was resting in somebody's lap and it was very uncomfortable. I turn my head and look up to see who's lap I had been resting on.

"Phoenix?" I said groggily as I reached up to touch his face.

Phoenix had his eyes closed like he had fallen asleep as well, but he woke up to me touching his face. I tried to sit up, but he used his arm to block me.

"Don't get up too quickly. You'll get dizzy again and might even throw up this time. I'm surprised you didn't last time," cautioned Phoenix, making me lay back down.

"I'm sorry you ended up babysitting me," I apologized with a little sad pout.

"Somebody's gotta watch the baby. Don't worry about it. I volunteered to do this," he chuckled.

"I'm never drinking again," I groaned. He burst out laughing. It felt weird to feel his laughter through his legs.

"You probably will though. With this group, there's no way around it," he laughed.

We sat there quietly in the dark, looking up at the sky through the trees.

"I should probably just go back to my dorm and sleep," I began while trying to sit up slowly.

"Just sleep in my room, it's a lot closer," he replied, his eyes locked on mine. I broke eye contact first, feeling shy and embarrassed. He grabbed my chin and kissed me again. It was a lot more gentler than when we were in the bedroom for seven minutes in Heaven.

"I won't do anything to you, I swear. We'll just sleep, and maybe we'll grab breakfast. How does that sound?"

I pondered for a moment. I probably didn't have the strength to make it all the way across campus to my dorm anyways and he did promise we would just sleep.

"Okay.." I answered softly.

Phoenix stood up and reached out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up from the bench. I was definitely still feeling the effects of the alcohol. I stumbled and almost fell after only taking a few steps.

"You think you can manage to just hold on to my arm and walk? Or do I need to carry you?" he questioned with a tone that seemed to be suspicious of my abilities.

"Um it's 'kay. I can walk!" I slurred a bit before taking a few more steps on my own. 

"By the way you sound, I don't really believe you, so I'm going to take matters into my own hands. Don't mind me," he chuckled.

I watched him step behind me and felt myself being scooped up into the air. I held my breath for a moment, scared he might drop me.

"Calm down, I won't drop you."

I let out my breath slowly, but held on to him tightly as he walked toward his building.

—————-

The next day, I parted ways with Phoenix and went back to my dorm. He tried to get me to shower at his place, but I really needed my own soaps for this shower.

I unlocked the door and walked in to see Dante sleeping Athalia's bed and her walking out of the bathroom

"Athalia...." I whispered loudly. She jumped and turned around to see me standing in the door way.

"Shhhhh! Don't freak out, I can explain!" She begged with her big puppy dog eyes.

I sighed and we stepped outside of the room.

"Okay soooo you see. What happened was..." Athalia mumbled.

I gave her an "I'm waiting" look. She sighed and lowered her head.

"Well after you passed out and Phoenix took you outside for some air, we kinda continued the game. You know how the game goes. One thing led to another, Hachi didn't want none of us doing nothing in his bed. So....here we are," she winced at the end.

"You....had sex....with Dante? YOU. HAD. SEX. WITH. DANTE?!" I kept repeating myself in disbelief.

"Awww don't make it a big deal Mar! I mean, I'm not a virgin and I was drunk and he's actually really cute," Athalia rambled as she thought more and more about it.

"But he's a senior! A SENIOR ATHALIA," I whisper shouted again.

"Yeah a senior with a big d-,"Athalia gushed.

"ATHALIA NO! I don't want to hear about it," I said, covering my ears.

"Oh come on Marsai. You've been cuddled up with Phoenix for the past two days. You haven't thought-," she began.

I immediately shook my head no. I mean, yeah we've kissed a few times, but I hadn't thought about him in THAT way.

"Maybe you should. Then you won't see it as such a big deal anymore. Losing your virginity wouldn't be the end of the world," Athalia replied, opening the door to our room. She walked back in and I followed behind.

I watched as she hopped into her bed with a sleeping Dante in it and sighed.

I hopped into the bathroom, hoping by the time I was out that he would be gone. Maybe she was right. Maybe if I just lost it, I wouldn't be so scared or antsy about the whole virgin thing.

The problem was I didn't want to lose it to just anybody. I wanted it to be with somebody I at least had feelings for which was nobody at the moment. Sure, there was Phoenix, but I've only known the guy for a few days. I could hardly say I felt anything for him besides a physical attraction.

I sighed as I turned on the shower and gathered all my hair products. I needed to wash away all these troubles.

After my much needed wash day, I peeped out the shower to see if Dante was gone. Athalia's bed was empty, so I quickly grabbed some comfy clothes to throw on before hopping into my bed. I looked at my phone and saw my messages had blown up from the group chat.

WHAT IT DO BAYBEEE

Ike: GOOOOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGG EVERYBODY, Hope y'all had a great sleep last night and are waking up to some great news today. May the Blood of Jesus cover you as you go today, may you be found safe and sound at the end of today. May discretion guide you, strength be in your body, and peace and resolution in your soul. You will not fall victim to any type of accident, no evil report against you or your loved ones IJN. And according to Psalm 101:4, a froward heart SHALL depart from you, you will NOT know a wicked person IJN. You're cutting off everything that is burdening you, and getting to the goals that you've set. And you will exceed them IJN. Stay blessed!

Lucian: thank you Pastor for your words but it's 9am. Do you not sleep in?

Ike: I'm going to service and so are you, be ready in 5 minutes

Lucian: .____.

Anaya: Good morning!

Me: Good morning..

Tati: Are you okay Marsai? You went pretty hard last night.

Marsai: Yeah I'm good, thanks!

Naima: oh she's fine. I bet Phoenix took GREAT care of her

Brianna: LMAOOOOO

I rolled my eyes and groaned at the message. I didn't like what was being insinuated. Like I had just given up everything to the first guy that gave me attention.

I rolled over in my bed and went onto Youtube to spend the rest of my Sunday watching whatever popped up on my subscribe list.

*IJN - In Jesus Name